locked #FT8 TX does not work correctly after installing WSJT-X v2.4.0 #FT8 #Cat_RigControl

Dick Bingham

Hello

After running WSJT-X (v2.2.# I think) successfully for over 12-months, I installed the new v2.4.0
SW, It installed fine and seemed to be working as expected:
1- Decodes of FT8 users appeared on screen
2- The GREEN DOT and signal levels are fine
3- Frequency on WSJT-x main screen changes as does the frequency on
    ANAN-200D when a new band is selected
4- BUT when the "TUNE" button the WSJT-X main screen is clicked an error message
    is presented ===> "Rig Control Error"

Testing CAT in WSJT-X File>Settings>Radio and clicking on "Test CAT" turns GREEN

How do I make it work correctly? I am using a DELL E6510 laptop running W-7

Any help will be highly appreciated

Dick/w7wkr

Bill Somerville

On 24/08/2021 22:29, Dick Bingham wrote:
Hello

After running WSJT-X (v2.2.# I think) successfully for over 12-months, I installed the new v2.4.0
SW, It installed fine and seemed to be working as expected:
1- Decodes of FT8 users appeared on screen
2- The GREEN DOT and signal levels are fine
3- Frequency on WSJT-x main screen changes as does the frequency on
    ANAN-200D when a new band is selected
4- BUT when the "TUNE" button the WSJT-X main screen is clicked an error message
    is presented ===> "Rig Control Error"

Testing CAT in WSJT-X File>Settings>Radio and clicking on "Test CAT" turns GREEN

How do I make it work correctly? I am using a DELL E6510 laptop running W-7

Any help will be highly appreciated

Dick/w7wkr
Dick,

when reporting a rig control error please include the error message details.

WILLIAM MILLS KY4IF 2859E <lsihhc8224@...>

I'm having the same issue with my Xiegu G90. I am receiving but I'm not transmitting in digital modes. When I transmit normally I have no issues. I am also not getting any errors reported.

Bill Somerville

On 25/08/2021 13:00, WILLIAM MILLS KY4IF 2859E wrote:
I'm having the same issue with my Xiegu G90. I am receiving but I'm not transmitting in digital modes. When I transmit normally I have no issues. I am also not getting any errors reported.
Hi William,

do you have CAT connection between your rig and PC, if yes then is it working?

What option have you selected for "Settings->Radio->PTT Method"?

Have you set up your Tx audio levels correctly? See this pinned post for a recipe for doing that:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/13890

WILLIAM MILLS KY4IF 2859E <lsihhc8224@...>

CAT is connected and appeares to be working. I can hear it controling the G90. The problem is ALL of my volume controls are completely different than what is shown in that post. I have no Idea what I am doing at this point. I miss Windows XP. I have windows 10 Pro and can not find any of the settings you mention.