Auto Sequence and Closing 73? #QSO_practices

Timothy Brannon

I just recently upgraded from version 2.2 to 2.4.0. Now I notice that during a contact, if I send RRR and receive the other op's 73, Auto Sequence is no longer sending my Tx5 73 in reply.
I looked online at https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0-rc4_en.html#_standard_exchange and saw in the sample exchange that indeed for the station sending RRR a final 73 in reply to a 73 was not shown.
Was the Tx5 "73 in reply to a 73" was removed from Auto Sequence?

I have no interest in opening yet another "what constitutes a complete contact" discussion. I'm just wondering if this was an intentional change, or am I missing a setting, (or am I imagining this)?

73 de WA5MD, TIm in Dallas

Bill Somerville

I looked online at https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0-rc4_en.html#_standard_exchange <https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0-rc4_en.html#_standard_exchange> and saw in the sample exchange that indeed for the station sending RRR a final 73 in reply to a 73 was not shown.
Was the Tx5 "73 in reply to a 73" was removed from Auto Sequence?

I have no interest in opening yet another "what constitutes a complete contact" discussion. I'm just wondering if this was an intentional change, or am I missing a setting, (or am I imagining this)?

73 de WA5MD, TIm in Dallas
Hi Tim,

see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Generals%27_Problem for an explanation of why sending 73 messages do not achieve what most think they do. We have never advocated replying to a 73 message other than for courtesy or to pass extra information.