LOST CAT CONTROL OF 756PROII HELP #Cat_RigControl #Icom #Windows10

ks4b@...

Brought up WSJT-x last week and boom, no CAT control on a Icom 756Pro2, rechecked all the rig settings, etc. still no control  Keep getting rig control error,
Using a XGGcomms, interface, Replaced it with another and still no Rig Control.  This happened after a Windows Ten update.  The program will decode signals,
but the CAT control is not present. Reloaded FITDI drivers and still nothing, checked baud rate on rig.  I'm stumped.

Anyone had similar problems?  I sure could use some help
Thanks in advance
ks4b@...
Ed KS4B

Bill Somerville

On 15/08/2021 20:15, ks4b@... wrote:
Brought up WSJT-x last week and boom, no CAT control on a Icom 756Pro2, rechecked all the rig settings, etc. still no control  Keep getting rig control error,
Using a XGGcomms, interface, Replaced it with another and still no Rig Control.  This happened after a Windows Ten update.  The program will decode signals,
but the CAT control is not present. Reloaded FITDI drivers and still nothing, checked baud rate on rig.  I'm stumped.

Anyone had similar problems?  I sure could use some help
Thanks in advance
ks4b@...
Ed KS4B

Ed,

please provide the text of the error message, including the details, please?

ks4b@...

Thanks Bill for responding!

Program is decoding, but as you can see the PC is not communicating with the Pro2 at all, I have checked and rechecked all the settings, all are as they should be!
Any help would be very much
appreciated!
73

Ed Weatherford KS4B

On Aug 15, 2021, at 2:19 PM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 15/08/2021 20:15, ks4b@... wrote:
Brought up WSJT-x last week and boom, no CAT control on a Icom 756Pro2, rechecked all the rig settings, etc. still no control  Keep getting rig control error,
Using a XGGcomms, interface, Replaced it with another and still no Rig Control.  This happened after a Windows Ten update.  The program will decode signals,
but the CAT control is not present. Reloaded FITDI drivers and still nothing, checked baud rate on rig.  I'm stumped.

Anyone had similar problems?  I sure could use some help
Thanks in advance
ks4b@...
Ed KS4B

Ed,

please provide the text of the error message, including the details, please?

Hi Ed,

the error indicates that there is no response from the rig to the first CAT command sent. That could be the wrong serial port, the baud rate not matching the rig setting, or a physical problem with the interface like a broken wire of plug not fully inserted.

On 15/08/2021 20:15, ks4b@... wrote:
Brought up WSJT-x last week and boom, no CAT control on a Icom 756Pro2, rechecked all the rig settings, etc. still no control  Keep getting rig control error,
Using a XGGcomms, interface, Replaced it with another and still no Rig Control.  This happened after a Windows Ten update.  The program will decode signals,
but the CAT control is not present. Reloaded FITDI drivers and still nothing, checked baud rate on rig.  I'm stumped.

Anyone had similar problems?  I sure could use some help
Thanks in advance
ks4b@...
Ed KS4B

Ed,

please provide the text of the error message, including the details, please?

Ed Weatherford <ks4b@...>

Thanks Bill I have confirmed the baud rates are correct for the rig and in the radio settings in the program, I even replaced the interface with a fellow hams xxgcomms interface cable, still didn’t work! So I am still at a loss!
It had been working well for about 3 months, and last week opened the program up and that’s where it is today, seems it happened after a windows 10 update, but that may a coincidence.
I even reset the pro2, reloaded the ftdi drivers, removed Wsjt program and reloaded it, all to no avail!
73

Ed Weatherford KS4B

On 15/08/2021 20:15, ks4b@... wrote:
Brought up WSJT-x last week and boom, no CAT control on a Icom 756Pro2, rechecked all the rig settings, etc. still no control  Keep getting rig control error,
Using a XGGcomms, interface, Replaced it with another and still no Rig Control.  This happened after a Windows Ten update.  The program will decode signals,
but the CAT control is not present. Reloaded FITDI drivers and still nothing, checked baud rate on rig.  I'm stumped.

Anyone had similar problems?  I sure could use some help
Thanks in advance
ks4b@...
Ed KS4B

Ed,

please provide the text of the error message, including the details, please?

Alan <n5pa@...>

Bill:

You have to have a separate CAT (CI-V) cable that is a USB-C to a 3.5mm cable.

Like this:

On 15/08/2021 20:15, ks4b@... wrote:
Brought up WSJT-x last week and boom, no CAT control on a Icom 756Pro2, rechecked all the rig settings, etc. still no control  Keep getting rig control error,
Using a XGGcomms, interface, Replaced it with another and still no Rig Control.  This happened after a Windows Ten update.  The program will decode signals,
but the CAT control is not present. Reloaded FITDI drivers and still nothing, checked baud rate on rig.  I'm stumped.

Anyone had similar problems?  I sure could use some help
Thanks in advance
ks4b@...
Ed KS4B

Ed,

please provide the text of the error message, including the details, please?

Karza

 Alan wrote:
Bill:

You have to have a separate CAT (CI-V) cable that is a USB-C to a 3.5mm cable.

OP wrote that  he has an XGGcomms interface. These interfaces have all rhw required cables.

see http://xggcomms.com/Icom-Interface-Shop(2066628).html

( Good interfaces BTW. I'm using one with my IC703. )

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AEcreative-Control-Interface-IC-7000-IC-7800/dp/B07Z5JRXJF/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=ci-v+756&qid=1629060338&sprefix=ci-v+&sr=8-6

73,
Alan Clark, N5PA
Ellisville, MS
Email:  n5pa@...

On 15/08/2021 20:15, ks4b@... wrote:
Brought up WSJT-x last week and boom, no CAT control on a Icom 756Pro2, rechecked all the rig settings, etc. still no control  Keep getting rig control error,
Using a XGGcomms, interface, Replaced it with another and still no Rig Control.  This happened after a Windows Ten update.  The program will decode signals,
but the CAT control is not present. Reloaded FITDI drivers and still nothing, checked baud rate on rig.  I'm stumped.

Anyone had similar problems?  I sure could use some help
Thanks in advance
ks4b@...
Ed KS4B

Ed,

please provide the text of the error message, including the details, please?

Pietro Molina

I think that Bill lost a ? at the end of frase, and intend to advise to try the CAT with a different link...

Pietro I2OIM

Dave Garber

check, my rigs will not connect if they are not in vfo mode, memory mode blocks my cat .

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE