locked Split operation on MSK144 on v2.5.0-rc5 does not work. #MSK144

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

Setting the split operation on MSK144 according to instructions. Setting the spinner control to say 100 and frequency to 144.360. Checking the box  does create CQ 360 4X4MF KM72 and Rig Control Error.

I am using WSJT-X v2.5.0-rc5 and WIN10 home 21H1
This does work OK with MSHV.

Amos 4X4MF

Bill Somerville

On 15/08/2021 11:27, Amos Sobel 4X4MF wrote:

Setting the split operation on MSK144 according to instructions. Setting the spinner control to say 100 and frequency to 144.360. Checking the box  does create CQ 360 4X4MF KM72 and Rig Control Error.

I am using WSJT-X v2.5.0-rc5 and WIN10 home 21H1
This does work OK with MSHV.

Amos 4X4MF

Amos,

this feature works and has done for many versions. You are not following the instructions correctly. You set the "Tx CQ NN" spin box to the calling frequency, i.e. where you want to Tx CQ calls. You tune your rig to the desired working frequency. If the check box next to the "Tx CQ NNN" spin box is  checked then your CQ message will contain your desired working frequency, your CQ message will be transmitted on the selected "Tx CQ NNN" frequency, you will listen on your desired working frequency, and if you double-click a reply to your CQ message you will complete the QSO on the working frequency. Once the QSO is complete or abandoned your next CQ call will be sent back on the "Tx CQ NNN" frequency.

If you are getting rig control errors, then that is another unrelated issue, please report that in a different topic along with the text of the error message, including the details.

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

Bill

Thank you, it does work OK now. Only that  nobody did tell me that it does take all the capabilities of my Flex 6600 for itself.

MSK144 does work OK with 1 PanAdapter and does create an additional slice on it.

All my attempts to work split MSK144 with my usual 4 panadapters, 4 slices and 4 WSJT-X instances did fail with no warning.

Amos 4X4MF