Bug/feature report involving a disabled Tx1 button after using MSK144 in NA VHF Contest Mode #IssueReport #MSK144

Stephen Smith

This bug/feature affects WSJT-X v2.5.0-rc5, but I believe this also exists in other versions.  It can be replicated by doing the following:
Select MSK144 mode and notice that the Tx 1 button is enabled and selectable.
Now go to the File->Settings->Advanced tab, click the Special operating activity box with NA VHF Contest mode selected (I believe this will happen for any special operating activity except fox or hound though) and then click OK.
The Tx 1 box on Tab 1 is now grayed out and not selectable.
At this point I have not been able to get the Tx 1 box to go back to normal no matter what I do.  It stays grayed out and is not selectable.  Oddly, the radio button beside it still works.
The only way I know of to reset the Tx 1 box is to restart the program.
I don't think this is the desired behavior and method for resetting it.

Thanks,
Stephen - KY4G

Reino Talarmo

>This bug/feature affects WSJT-X v2.5.0-rc5, but I believe this also exists in other versions.  It can be replicated by doing the following:

Select MSK144 mode and notice that the Tx 1 button is enabled and selectable.

Now go to the File->Settings->Advanced tab, click the Special operating activity box with NA VHF Contest mode selected (I believe this will happen for any special operating activity except fox or hound though) and then click OK.

The Tx 1 box on Tab 1 is now grayed out and not selectable.

At this point I have not been able to get the Tx 1 box to go back to normal no matter what I do.  It stays grayed out and is not selectable.  Oddly, the radio button beside it still works.

The only way I know of to reset the Tx 1 box is to restart the program.

I don't think this is the desired behavior and method for resetting it.

Hi Stephen,

I can confirm this behavior for FT4, FT8 and MSK144. Q65 behaves differently as usually it does not gray out Tx1 tabs. I think that this feature game with a change to support NA VHF contest for Q65.
The simplest work around is to use configurations instead of full restart. You need at least two of those, one without a Special operating activity that applies grayed out Tx1.

73, Reino OH3mA