Fw: Double Logging #logging

Jim Johnson KC4HW

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Johnson <jim@...>
Sent: 8/10/2021 8:14:53 AM
Subject: Double Logging

Using WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc3, JTAlert 2.50.4 and N3FJP 7.0.1

It appears that while using MSK144 that each station worked is double logged.  I have not noticed this with any other mode.

Something I have wrong? or just a WSJT-X anomaly?

Jim/KC4HW - EM71 Alabama

Bill Somerville

Using WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc3, JTAlert 2.50.4 and N3FJP 7.0.1

It appears that while using MSK144 that each station worked is double logged.  I have not noticed this with any other mode.

Something I have wrong? or just a WSJT-X anomaly?

Jim/KC4HW - EM71 Alabama

Hi Jim,

unless the double log entries are in the WSJT-X ADIF log file the issue is unlikely to be anything to do with WSJT-X or its settings.

Jim Johnson KC4HW

OK, then, I will check more closely about the entries in WSJT-X

Thanks!

Using WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc3, JTAlert 2.50.4 and N3FJP 7.0.1

It appears that while using MSK144 that each station worked is double logged.  I have not noticed this with any other mode.

Something I have wrong? or just a WSJT-X anomaly?

Jim/KC4HW - EM71 Alabama

Hi Jim,

unless the double log entries are in the WSJT-X ADIF log file the issue is unlikely to be anything to do with WSJT-X or its settings.

Peter Stainton

Hi I have had double logging when I was using WSJT with JT Alert and Log4omv2 removing JTAlert sorted it for me so I would look for which programs are logging you contacts. Hope this helps you. Peter G6ZRV

neil_zampella

This sounds more like JT-Alert had the 'repeater' setting turned on.   That setting had JTAlert repeat the WSJT-X broadcast, and if Log4OM was actively looking at the UDP broadcasts, it would trigger another log.

If you have Log4OM setup to NOT look for a UDP broadcast, and let JTAlert do the direct logging, you wouldn't see this issue.

Neil, KN3ILZ