FTDX-10 Big Sur #WSJTX_config #Cat_RigControl #macOS #Yaesu

Gary Rogers

I'm curious of anyone has been able to implement total CAT control for WSJT-X on Mac Big Sur and would be willing to share their settings. I've got the Silicon Labs driver installed and can connect the Mac to the radio and get the green CAT indication. I can receive no problem but cannot key the radio on transmit. I've used all the FTDX10 presets for FT8 and matched the CAT rate in WSJT-X. Audio Midi on the Mac is set to the maximum for output. If I set the rig to none in WSJT-X and use my trusty Signal-link, I can transmit and receive no problem. I've ferrited every cable attached to the radio so i don't believe its an RFI issue. I've googled this topic and can't seem to find anything definitive on this issue. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

73 Gary KO3F

Bill Somerville

On 09/08/2021 14:47, Gary Rogers wrote:
I'm curious of anyone has been able to implement total CAT control for WSJT-X on Mac Big Sur and would be willing to share their settings. I've got the Silicon Labs driver installed and can connect the Mac to the radio and get the green CAT indication. I can receive no problem but cannot key the radio on transmit. I've used all the FTDX10 presets for FT8 and matched the CAT rate in WSJT-X. Audio Midi on the Mac is set to the maximum for output. If I set the rig to none in WSJT-X and use my trusty Signal-link, I can transmit and receive no problem. I've ferrited every cable attached to the radio so i don't believe its an RFI issue. I've googled this topic and can't seem to find anything definitive on this issue. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

73 Gary KO3F
Gary,

why are you using a SignaLink USB when the FTdx10 has built a built in sound card? I am sure the Yaesu FT8 preset assumes you are using the rig's PC interfaces as intended.

Alan <n5pa@...>

I think I understand the SignaLink with the FTDX-10.  It could be because Yaesu does not have COM Drivers for the MAC on their website.

73,
Alan Clark, N5PA
Ellisville, MS
Email:  n5pa@...

On Aug 9, 2021, at 10:46 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

[...]

I set up a friend’s FTDX-10 easily for WSJT-X without any issues. But he was using a Windows 10 computer.

73,
Alan Clark, N5PA
Ellisville, MS
Email:  n5pa@...

On Aug 9, 2021, at 11:39 AM, Alan <n5pa@...> wrote:

[...]

Edited

Sorry Bill, I was using the Signal Link only because I couldn’t get it to transmit with CAT…Here are my settings in WSJT-X:

I have the FTDX-10 presets set as suggested in:

The preset is enabled…Just to clarify, the CAT does trigger the PTT but I have no power out with this setup. Also, the Signal Link is completely disconnected when trying to run CAT. Also getting no error messages. Running 2.5.0 rc5.

Any thoughts?

On Aug 9, 2021, at 9:39 AM, Alan <n5pa@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Black

Try Data/Pkt mode.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:59:27 AM CDT, Gary Rogers <cgaryrogers190@...> wrote:

[...]

OK I think the problem was that the Mac was trying to use Parallels Access (on the Audio MIDI) to send the transmit audio…Closed them out and all is working:

Thanks Bill, Alan and Mike for your help!

73 Gary KO3F