#Kenwood #Cat_RigControl #Cat_RigControl #Kenwood

Chris

v 2.4.0
A few months back, WSJT-X stopped controlling my Kenwood TS-450.  I didn't have time or patience to trouble shoot at that time.  Now I'm ready to dive into it.

First, I believe this is a problem with the Kenwood library, because the program continues to work fine with my Yaesu FT-817.  Also the error message indicates this. Another program (Mixw-4) using the same com ports is able to control the Kenwood fine.

The big mystery is why, when it once worked fine with the Kenwood, it stopped working suddenly.

What I have tried:

Re-installing (more than once)
Trying different com ports (because I had an issue with enumeration of the sound card once before)
Clearing and re configuring the settings.
Refreshing windows 10 with a repair upgrade.

None of this worked.  I could use a hint from someone who really understands how the rig library works and how one can fix or update it.

Chris, AB6QK

neil_zampella

You can't compare another program with WSJT-X unless its using Hamlib as the interface.   Reinstalling the program doesn't solve anything as this appears to be an configuration issue.

You talk about 'controlling' the rig, but then you mention sound cards, which have nothing to do with it.

Please let us know what you're using to interface the rig with computer for CAT control (if any) and how are you connecting for audio.

Neil, KN3iLZ

On 8/6/2021 4:08 PM, Chris wrote:
[...]

Bill Somerville

On 06/08/2021 22:08, Chris wrote:
[...]

Chris,

if you have an issue with an error message from WSJT-X then perhaps you should share that error message with us here. Please include the details as that is where the important diagnostic information is.

Tony WA3TRA

Chris:
When you plug the rig into the computer, the USB and com ports should list the connection. If not, there may be another issue with the connection.  That would explain why the Yaesu works and not the Kenwood.  Also, what error are you getting ?

Hope this helps..

Chris

Thanks for the quick response.  I had mentioned library error.  Here are  screen shots:.  The sound card isn't the issue.  That part works. The interface is a standard serial port using a multi-port card.   If I set the rig to "none," I find the PTT works and it stops throwing errors (as you would expect).  I also notice that if I try to use hardware handshake, the RTS setting is greyed out. I've tried every combination of handshake to no avail. These same settings work in MIXW4.

Chris, AB6QK

W1EL Eric

Chris,

Just out of curiosity, are you using a genuine Kenwood IF-232?

Best regards, Eric (W1EL)