Time Synch. #Timesync

So far working FT8 etc is totally useless .
Dimension does't work always off over 1 second or so.
Any help is appreciated.
--
Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave

Stan Gammons

For Windows, I'd recommend Meinberg https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

73

Stan
KM4HQE

On 7/30/21 4:12 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:
So far working FT8 etc is totally useless .
Dimension does't work always off over 1 second or so.
Any help is appreciated.
--
Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave

Kevin k5vp

Net time

Install it, runs as a service & starts when the computer boots up.  Very dependable.

Best regards,

Kevin Potter
k5vp

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 2:19 PM Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:
So far working FT8 etc is totally useless .
Dimension does't work always off over 1 second or so.
Any help is appreciated.
--
Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave

Pietro Molina

I'm using time sync, works properly in the system try. Sorry for first reply w/o name and/or explain.

Pietro I2OIM

Ria, N2RJ

I second the NTP distribution from Meinberg. Anything else will get you the same problems as dimension 4.

I have to keep time for regulatory reasons in the financial industry to no greater than 50ms deviation. We would never trust our systems to SNTP. Too much experience with this failing to keep proper time.

Alternatively if you really want to use a SNTP client, there is no need to install a third party one. You can update the polling interval in windows.

Ria
N2RJ

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 5:23 PM Stan Gammons via groups.io <buttercup11421=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
For Windows, I'd recommend Meinberg https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

73

Stan
KM4HQE

On 7/30/21 4:12 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:
> So far working FT8 etc is totally useless .
> Dimension does't work always off over 1 second or so.
> Any help is appreciated.
> --
> Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave

Ed W2LCQ

Meinberg is outstanding.

73, de Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club
BUG CWops SKCC FISTS LICWC QCWA

On Jul 30, 2021, at 6:16 PM, Ria, N2RJ <rjairam@...> wrote:

I second the NTP distribution from Meinberg. Anything else will get you the same problems as dimension 4.

I have to keep time for regulatory reasons in the financial industry to no greater than 50ms deviation. We would never trust our systems to SNTP. Too much experience with this failing to keep proper time.

Alternatively if you really want to use a SNTP client, there is no need to install a third party one. You can update the polling interval in windows.

Ria
N2RJ
On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 5:23 PM Stan Gammons via groups.io <buttercup11421=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
For Windows, I'd recommend Meinberg https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

73

Stan
KM4HQE

On 7/30/21 4:12 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:
> So far working FT8 etc is totally useless .
> Dimension does't work always off over 1 second or so.
> Any help is appreciated.
> --
> Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave

William Smith

Dave's chasing a red herring, IMHO, and he doesn't listen, and doesn't respond. His computer appears to have a different underlying problem, possibly infested with malware that's eating all his CPU or something else.

I give up.

On Jul 30, 2021, at 5:12 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@comcast.net> wrote:

So far working FT8 etc is totally useless .
Dimension does't work always off over 1 second or so.
Any help is appreciated.
--
Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave

If you are refering to me, all I am looking for is help. And yes I do listen and  respond . I am now using NetTime and it seems to work just fine.
--
Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave

Thanks Kevin Net Time seems to be working just fine.
--
Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave

Thanks for the reply Pietro I am try that next.
--
Thanks 73's de NU4N/Dave