Can't access WSJT-X website #help

Bob KM4RL

You could also try using a VPN, you will have a different ip address.

73, Bob KM4RL

Reid Lanham

OK, using Tor Browser worked just fine.  Thank you very much for the tip!!!

73, Reid K8JLW

Reid Lanham

Thanks to both!  I'll try TOR tonight when I get home.

73, Reid K8JLW

Борис Романов

Hi Reid!
A colleague had a similar problem. Access to the site WSJT obtained through the use of the Tor Browser. Try it.
73 Boriz UX8IW
Среда, 28 июля 2021, 17:47 +03:00 от Reid Lanham <rhlanham@...>:

It is the weirdest thing, but I cannot access the WSJT website from my house.  I continue to get the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT message.  All other websites at my house work.  Several other hams that live in the area and have the same internet provider have no problem accessing the website.  I've called the internet provider and they said everything looks fine.  I've reset my modem/router, and no firewall or antivirus is installed.  I've cleared cache and cookies.  I've tried different browsers.  I've tried both Win10 and Linux.  I can turn off wifi and access the site via cellular on my phone.  I've followed about every tip I can find on the internet and still no luck when using my home internet.  I have been able to access the site in the past, and for many years.  I don't know what has changed, but I am at my wits end!  Has anyone here ever not been able to access a single website when others are working?  I know I can download the latest version from something like sourceforge, but it just bugs me that I can't get to the main site.  I really wish I could figure it out!  Thanks for any help that can be offered!

73, Reid K8JLW

--
Борис Романов

Bill Somerville

On 28/07/2021 13:00, Reid Lanham wrote:
[...]

Hi Reid,

you are not the first to report this issue. The edge servers at the Princeton.edu domain use tools to control spam and malware attacks which sometimes block ranges of IP addresses, your IP address may fall into one of those blocked ranges. As far as I know we have no control of that, sorry.

Reid Lanham