Yaesu FT991A Shows WSJTX transmitting but my MFJ- 870 shows nothing happening #txaudio #Yaesu

wisconsinjimmy <algot1901@...>

I cannot figure it out why is it showing the radio transmitting red transmit light comes on and radio switches to transmit but there is no output. HELP PLEASE
Jim KD9DOG

Bill Somerville

On 27/07/2021 22:28, wisconsinjimmy wrote:
I cannot figure it out why is it showing the radio transmitting red transmit light comes on and radio switches to transmit but there is no output. HELP PLEASE
Jim KD9DOG
Hi Jim,

I assume you understand that using an SSB mode on your rig means that unless audio is sent to the rig there will be no power output. See the following old post for a recipe for setting your Tx audio level correctly:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/13890

Bill
G4WJS.

M0PWX

The radio is in Upper Sideband Band mode and not receiving any audio

Check the sound card setting in the WSJT-x audio tab, one of the menu settings in the 991a is the data input select and make sure its on USB

Look at Yaesu FT-991a - Setup for Digital Modes with only a USB cable (radioaficion.com) about ¾ way through there are all the relevant menu settings

Peter

M0PWX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 27 July 2021 21:49
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Yaesu FT991A Shows WSJTX transmitting but my MFJ- 870 shows nothing happening #Yaesu #txaudio

Jim KD9DOG

Jamie GOLLY

I have had this happen quite a few times. It seems the com port (Audio) seems to go to sleep.

I go into the WSJT-X audio setting select a different device both input and output then change it right back to what it should be and voila, TX happiness. It's super annoying and I haven't found a way to stop this from happening.

Anyone with a suggestion would be appreciated!

Jamie 
K6NGN

On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 03:07:12 PM PDT, M0PWX <m0pwx@...> wrote:

Check the sound card setting in the WSJT-x audio tab, one of the menu settings in the 991a is the data input select and make sure its on USB

Look at Yaesu FT-991a - Setup for Digital Modes with only a USB cable (radioaficion.com) about ¾ way through there are all the relevant menu settings

Peter

M0PWX

Subject: [WSJTX] Yaesu FT991A Shows WSJTX transmitting but my MFJ- 870 shows nothing happening #Yaesu #txaudio

Jim KD9DOG

Bob Turner

Do you have an HDMI monitor?  They may include a sound device.  When monitor blanks and starts up, Windows re-enumerates audio devices and WSJTx may end up using the wrong one.  Disabling monitor screen blanker solved my problem with audio devices.

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jamie GOLLY
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Yaesu FT991A Shows WSJTX transmitting but my MFJ- 870 shows nothing happening #Yaesu #txaudio

I have had this happen quite a few times. It seems the com port (Audio) seems to go to sleep.

I go into the WSJT-X audio setting select a different device both input and output then change it right back to what it should be and voila, TX happiness. It's super annoying and I haven't found a way to stop this from happening.

Anyone with a suggestion would be appreciated!

Jamie 

K6NGN

On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 03:07:12 PM PDT, M0PWX <m0pwx@...> wrote:

Peter

M0PWX

Jim KD9DOG

I have an LED monitor flat screen and it is not changing anything everything is set up correct the cat test comes up greenthe ptt goes red audio is codec and speakers are codec comm ports are the same in settings and baud rate is the same with the program and radio 38400 I believe do not have the puter close by. I even tried the tune on the screen and nothing. The manual shows no reference to this problem.
Jim
KD9DOG

Richard Bertrand Larson

I would add to look for an audio source that has been muted by software accident.

Rick KD0XD en12

On 7/28/2021 12:28 AM, Adrian Fewster wrote:

In windows the sound menu will show the sound level for that device when wsjtx is in TX, please check that first to confirm modulation on the device you are using.

vk4tux

On 28/7/21 2:28 pm, wisconsinjimmy wrote:
I have an LED monitor flat screen and it is not changing anything everything is set up correct the cat test comes up greenthe ptt goes red audio is codec and speakers are codec comm ports are the same in settings and baud rate is the same with the program and radio 38400 I believe do not have the puter close by. I even tried the tune on the screen and nothing. The manual shows no reference to this problem.
Jim
KD9DOG

--
There are no facts , only interpretations - Resistance is NOT futile, it's Voltage divided by Current - There's no time like the present for postponing what you don't want to do. HECHT'S FOURTH LAW

jrutleseattle

Before software issues, we all would trace out cables and make sure they are working.  I forgot that and spent time with every adjustment (record your baseline).  Finally I checked the wires and find a bad connection to the jack for the audio out. The wires had not moved in over a decade, but this an opportunity to break. VOM will help.

Joe W7ESE

Hello Joe,
I have it transmitting to the antenna  now but have not received any response as of yet, I am not sure what I did but I was sent to a web site that helped me get the 991A set correctly and that seemed to do the trick. There are a lot of directions on DIY but this one was right now I have to see if I am getting past the antenna.
WEB Page is   https://www.radioclub-carc.com/resources/
Thank You
Jim KD9DOG