Yaesu FT991A Shows WSJTX transmitting but my MFJ- 870 shows nothing happening #txaudio #Yaesu

wisconsinjimmy <algot1901@...>

I cannot figure it out why is it showing the radio transmitting red transmit light comes on and radio switches to transmit but there is no output. HELP PLEASE
Jim KD9DOG

Bill Somerville

On 27/07/2021 22:28, wisconsinjimmy wrote:
I cannot figure it out why is it showing the radio transmitting red transmit light comes on and radio switches to transmit but there is no output. HELP PLEASE
Jim KD9DOG
Hi Jim,

I assume you understand that using an SSB mode on your rig means that unless audio is sent to the rig there will be no power output. See the following old post for a recipe for setting your Tx audio level correctly:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/13890

M0PWX

The radio is in Upper Sideband Band mode and not receiving any audio

Check the sound card setting in the WSJT-x audio tab, one of the menu settings in the 991a is the data input select and make sure its on USB

Look at Yaesu FT-991a - Setup for Digital Modes with only a USB cable (radioaficion.com) about ¾ way through there are all the relevant menu settings

73

Peter

M0PWX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10