SANITY to Tx AUDIO SETTINGS #radio

Phil, WF3W

Gday to the group,
I trust this finds you in unabashed immersion in outdoor, out-of-lockdown
activities.
Per G4WJS' article, I have 1 comment and 1 query, running WIN10 and an
FT-991A:
the WSJT "slider" control displays in VOLUME MIXER without transmitting,
i.e., 1, short burst of RF and the slider remains without xmitting. Could
this be what Bill meant suggesting powering-down a rig?
my rig has a control labeled DT-GAIN, which I believe is intended to
control ALC. When I decrease rig power output - e.g., 100 to 40W - ALC
increases. DT-GAIN requires adjustment from ?5 to 3 to maintain ALC level
at "little or no" response, on the ALC progress bar [left to right]. I
have never observed this behavior, is it normal? Why?
All adjustments — whether DT-GAIN, RF POWER out of the rig, power slider
in WSJT — are incredibly "sharp", i.e., require adjusting up & down to
"land" at the desired result.
Take it easy.
73
Phil, WF3W

Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*
https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=tag695&promoCode=A34454