Ver 2.4.0 Setup Help #Cat_RigControl #help

Kenneth Blackwell

I am using the following equipment/software for operating on WSJT-X. I NEED help with CAT setup

FT-891 Radio

Signalink USB sound card
Raspbery Pi computer
Raspberry Buster OS
WSJT-X 2.4

I want to operate with CAT as I have in the past with earlier versions of WSJT-X.

Please provide input about the following setup items.

I Need: "CAT Control Serial Port " under Radio page

I previously used /dev/ttyUSB0 which is no longer available. Current choices are:

USB or /dev/tty/AMA0

I also need:

Sound Card Input and Output, UNDER Audio page

Previously I used: frontCARD=CODECDEV=0 for both input and output

This doesn't work and I can't find anything that does.

Dave Garber

You do not mention what you gave for cat control , a signalink is not a cat device

On Sun., Jul. 25, 2021, 12:49 a.m. Kenneth Blackwell, <klblackw38@...> wrote:

I am using the following equipment/software for operating on WSJT-X. I NEED help with CAT setup

FT-891 Radio

Signalink USB sound card
Raspbery Pi computer
Raspberry Buster OS
WSJT-X 2.4

I want to operate with CAT as I have in the past with earlier versions of WSJT-X.

Please provide input about the following setup items.

I Need: "CAT Control Serial Port " under Radio page

I previously used /dev/ttyUSB0 which is no longer available. Current choices are:

USB or /dev/tty/AMA0

I also need:

Sound Card Input and Output, UNDER Audio page

Previously I used: frontCARD=CODECDEV=0 for both input and output

This doesn't work and I can't find anything that does.

Kenneth Blackwell

I have been using Signallink with the FT891 in CAT mode for years with no problem. The problem is WSJT 2.4.0. Look at the specifics above to see what is wrong.
I didn't say but I use Hamlib along with WSJT....The 891  is included in the library.

Thanks,

Ken KB4XT

Dave Garber

Thats fine on using cat for years.   But on what device

groups@...

On 28/07/2021 19:54, Kenneth Blackwell wrote:
I have been using Signallink with the FT891 in CAT mode for years with no problem. The problem is WSJT 2.4.0. Look at the specifics above to see what is wrong.
I didn't say but I use Hamlib along with WSJT....The 891  is included in the library.
Thanks,
Ken KB4XT
Ken

You said in your previous post that /dev/ttyUSB0 is no longer available. I don't understand the jump from this statement to the problem is with 2.4.0

How have you come to this conclusion?

73
Roger
G#4HZA

Kenneth Blackwell

After wrestling this combo for many hours, I still do not have it working. By the way, when I initially setup this rig, I did a detailed documentation of all the physical and software setup. With V2.4 this no longer works with the same hardware. See attached pdf document.

By the way the CAT is done via a USB from 891 to the Pi.....nothing to do with Signalink.

At one point I had WSJT-X with CAT control going. I could receive, change frequencies and the TX light would come on....but no transmission  or intermittent transmission. I have a MFJ power/swr meter.

Key to the setup is getting the 891 main menu items and the Audio panel of WSJT-X. There are so many combinations. AND, this equipment setup is quite common among the Ham Community..SO, I was hoping that someone out there had the setup for V2.4 and the hardware that I'm using.

Cheers,

Ken, KB4XT