locked #BugReport #logging Failure to log contact correctly #IssueReport #logging

Bill,

I tried that previously, but because of the use I make of these fields in the status UDP, I want them cleared after logging. I use them to display current contact location in DxAtlas. I'll try and see if I can log then start the new contact. failing that, log as soon as I send the RR73 as Jim K9YC's suggestion.

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Jim Brown

On 7/18/2021 9:07 AM, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:
Normally I wait for the QSO partner to indicate they received my RR73 before logging.
I log as soon as I receive or send RRR or RR73. I will resend RRR or RR73 if the other station sends my report and R again. I learn whether the other station considers the QSO complete when he does or does not appear as an LOTW confirmation.

73, Jim K9YC

Bill Somerville

Hi Phil,

have you tried unchecking the WSJT-X settings option "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging"?

Bill
G4WJS.

On 18/07/2021 19:17, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:

Thanks Bill,

Does that mean if I log the first QSO, then click on the caller to start the next it will work as I want? That means I won’t start the new QSO until a second or two into the next slot. I have issues with not being able to double click accurately enough.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 18 July 2021 18:18
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] #BugReport #logging Failure to log contact correctly

On 18/07/2021 17:07, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:

> Normally I wait for the QSO partner to indicate they received my RR73 before logging. If they send me the 73, and at the same time I get called by a third party, I will double click on the third party to initiate a QSO with them, then log the first QSO. The new QSO fails to set the DxCall and DxGrid values and report values. When I log this QSO I have to check what info is missing.

> Also when I see a DxCall value in my logger, I display the position on DxAtlas (either the DxGrid or the centre of the prefix area). As this is not present in this circumstance, I can't do this.

> -- 73 Phil GM3ZZA

Hi Phil,

WSJT-X only supports automatic filling in of proposed log entry fields

for a basic sequential logging process, i.e. you must complete one QSO,

including logging, before starting the next. Obviously that cannot

always happen due to possibly abandoned QSOs being revived, in that case

you must check the Loq QSO fields and fill in any missing or incorrect

information manually.

Bill

G4WJS.

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Thanks Bill,

Does that mean if I log the first QSO, then click on the caller to start the next it will work as I want? That means I won’t start the new QSO until a second or two into the next slot. I have issues with not being able to double click accurately enough.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 18 July 2021 18:18
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] #BugReport #logging Failure to log contact correctly

> Normally I wait for the QSO partner to indicate they received my RR73 before logging. If they send me the 73, and at the same time I get called by a third party, I will double click on the third party to initiate a QSO with them, then log the first QSO. The new QSO fails to set the DxCall and DxGrid values and report values. When I log this QSO I have to check what info is missing.

> Also when I see a DxCall value in my logger, I display the position on DxAtlas (either the DxGrid or the centre of the prefix area). As this is not present in this circumstance, I can't do this.

> -- 73 Phil GM3ZZA

Hi Phil,

WSJT-X only supports automatic filling in of proposed log entry fields

for a basic sequential logging process, i.e. you must complete one QSO,

including logging, before starting the next. Obviously that cannot

always happen due to possibly abandoned QSOs being revived, in that case

you must check the Loq QSO fields and fill in any missing or incorrect

information manually.

Bill

G4WJS.

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Bill Somerville

Normally I wait for the QSO partner to indicate they received my RR73 before logging. If they send me the 73, and at the same time I get called by a third party, I will double click on the third party to initiate a QSO with them, then log the first QSO. The new QSO fails to set the DxCall and DxGrid values and report values. When I log this QSO I have to check what info is missing.

Also when I see a DxCall value in my logger, I display the position on DxAtlas (either the DxGrid or the centre of the prefix area). As this is not present in this circumstance, I can't do this.

-- 73 Phil GM3ZZA
Hi Phil,

WSJT-X only supports automatic filling in of proposed log entry fields for a basic sequential logging process, i.e. you must complete one QSO, including logging, before starting the next. Obviously that cannot always happen due to possibly abandoned QSOs being revived, in that case you must check the Loq QSO fields and fill in any missing or incorrect information manually.

Bill
G4WJS.

Normally I wait for the QSO partner to indicate they received my RR73 before logging. If they send me the 73, and at the same time I get called by a third party, I will double click on the third party to initiate a QSO with them, then log the first QSO. The new QSO fails to set the DxCall and DxGrid values and report values. When I log this QSO I have to check what info is missing.

Also when I see a DxCall value in my logger, I display the position on DxAtlas (either the DxGrid or the centre of the prefix area). As this is not present in this circumstance, I can't do this.

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA