Copying Windows config files and logs to #FT8 #install

Reid Lanham

I have been using WSJT-X for FT8 on Win10 for many years, and now I want to run it on Linux.  I've got another PC running Linux Mint Cinnamon, and I have WSJT-X loaded fine.  How can I copy my Win10 config and log over to Linux so that all of my settings are the same, and my contacts are properly color coded?  Thanks!

Bill Somerville

On 18/07/2021 14:36, Reid Lanham wrote:
I have been using WSJT-X for FT8 on Win10 for many years, and now I want to run it on Linux.  I've got another PC running Linux Mint Cinnamon, and I have WSJT-X loaded fine.  How can I copy my Win10 config and log over to Linux so that all of my settings are the same, and my contacts are properly color coded?  Thanks!
Hi Reid,

all the settings and log files are portable between platforms. The locations of the files are documented in the WSJT-X User Guide:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0.html#_file_locations

The important files are the settings file WSJT-X.ini and the main ADIF log file wsjtx_log.adi. Note that the configuration files directory on Linux and macOS systems is not the same as the log files directory, whereas on MS Windows they reside in the same directory.

Reid Lanham

Ok, thank you Bill. I’ll check it out when I get home later. I’ve done it between 2 Windows PCs, just never with Linux.   73!