locked #JT9+JT65 combined menu option

Ralph Katz

Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand new to this group.

I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software, but it is still listed in the current version documentation.

Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

Thanks & 73,

Ralph AA8RK
Ann Arbor, MI

Dave Garber

not sure why, It made me look at mine, it is right below the other modes in my dropdown menu

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 7:31 PM Ralph Katz <ralphkatz48105@...> wrote:
Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand new to this group.

I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software, but it is still listed in the current version documentation.

Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

Thanks & 73,

Ralph AA8RK
Ann Arbor, MI

Karza

Hi Ralph,

Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand
new to this group.

I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software,
but it is still listed in the current version documentation.

Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I
don't see the combined mode option on my menu?
the documentation is lagging, JT9+JT65 mode was removed in version 2.4.0. because the developers deemed it to be no longer useful and difficult to maintain.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Panos

Hi JT65 its working ok (v. 2.4.0), photo from 2 minutes before:

Dave Garber

I have 2.4 and it is still there

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:15 AM Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:
Hi Ralph,

> Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand
> new to this group.
>
> I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software,
> but it is still listed in the current version documentation.
>
> Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I
> don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

the documentation is lagging, JT9+JT65 mode was removed in version 2.4.0. because the developers deemed  it to be no longer useful and difficult to maintain.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Ralph Katz

Hi Kari,

That's what other people suspected.  Thanks for your reply.

Ralph AA8RK

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:14 AM Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:
Hi Ralph,

> Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand
> new to this group.
>
> I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software,
> but it is still listed in the current version documentation.
>
> Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I
> don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

the documentation is lagging, JT9+JT65 mode was removed in version 2.4.0. because the developers deemed  it to be no longer useful and difficult to maintain.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Ralph Katz

Is "JT9+JT65" still an available option?

If so, what radio do you have?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 8:04 AM Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:
I have 2.4 and it is still there

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:15 AM Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:
Hi Ralph,

> Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand
> new to this group.
>
> I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software,
> but it is still listed in the current version documentation.
>
> Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I
> don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

the documentation is lagging, JT9+JT65 mode was removed in version 2.4.0. because the developers deemed  it to be no longer useful and difficult to maintain.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Karza

Dave,

On 15.7.2021 14.58, Dave Garber wrote:
I have 2.4 and it is still there

You have 2.4.of what? Are you using the 'real' WSJT-X or perhaps one of the clones?

Can you take a screenshot showing JT9+JT65 still available?

73's de Kari, oh2gqc.

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:15 AM Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:
Hi Ralph,

> Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand
> new to this group.
>
> I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software,
> but it is still listed in the current version documentation.
>
> Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I
> don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

the documentation is lagging, JT9+JT65 mode was removed in version 2.4.0. because the developers deemed  it to be no longer useful and difficult to maintain.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

Can you run both versions on same computer?  Sounds like would have been good stay at home something to do.

That's what other people suspected.  Thanks for your reply.

Ralph AA8RK

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:14 AM Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:
Hi Ralph,

> Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand
> new to this group.
>
> I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software,
> but it is still listed in the current version documentation.
>
> Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I
> don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

the documentation is lagging, JT9+JT65 mode was removed in version 2.4.0. because the developers deemed  it to be no longer useful and difficult to maintain.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Dave Garber

its in the software, not the radio.  maybe the frequency need to be 'reset' if they are not in your wsjt

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 8:08 AM Ralph Katz <ralphkatz48105@...> wrote:
Is "JT9+JT65" still an available option?

If so, what radio do you have?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 8:04 AM Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:
I have 2.4 and it is still there

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:15 AM Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:
Hi Ralph,

> Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand
> new to this group.
>
> I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software,
> but it is still listed in the current version documentation.
>
> Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I
> don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

the documentation is lagging, JT9+JT65 mode was removed in version 2.4.0. because the developers deemed  it to be no longer useful and difficult to maintain.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Dave Garber

2.4 of wsjt, like mentioned in original post

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On 17.7.2021 0.56, Dave Garber wrote:
its in the software, not the radio.  maybe the frequency need to be 'reset' if they are not in your wsjt

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

Nothing to do with the frecuency list either.  WSJT-X 2.4.0 and above do not have the combined 'JT9+JT65' mode anynmore.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 8:08 AM Ralph Katz <ralphkatz48105@...> wrote:
Is "JT9+JT65" still an available option?

If so, what radio do you have?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 8:04 AM Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:
I have 2.4 and it is still there

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:15 AM Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:
Hi Ralph,

> Please pardon me if this question has been addressed before, as I am brand
> new to this group.
>
> I do not have the JT9+JT65 mode menu option in my version 2.4.0 software,
> but it is still listed in the current version documentation.
>
> Is this a documentation issue, or might there be some other reason that I
> don't see the combined mode option on my menu?

the documentation is lagging, JT9+JT65 mode was removed in version 2.4.0. because the developers deemed  it to be no longer useful and difficult to maintain.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Panos

Hi here with the 2.4.0 enjoying JT65 (and JT9 if i wish). F you didn't see jt65 jt9 modes its time to to search for the soloution first asking here. I don't have an aswer for you but other friends I am sure they will help you 73
Todays photo:

Panos

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 10:55 AM, Karza wrote:
"WSJT-X 2.4.0 and above do not have the combined 'JT9+JT65' mode anynmore" My version 2.4.0. contains JT65 & 9 I don't know a solution for you but other friends shure they know 73. Todays photo:

Karza

On 17.7.2021 16.05, Panos wrote:
Hi here with the 2.4.0 enjoying JT65 (and JT9 if i wish). F you didn't see jt65 jt9 modes its time to to search for the soloution first asking here. I don't have an aswer for you but other friends I am sure they will help you 73

Hi Panos (and others).

Please read the original question! It was not whether one can use JT9 or JT65 with WSJT-X 2.4.0.

The question was about the 'combined' JT9+JT65 mode that is still mentioned in the WSJT-X User Guide ..

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0.html#TUT_EX2

...but is not available anymore in WSJT-X 2.4.0

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Panos

Hi ok and yes this ability is not present any more. I wonder why since, I insist to play with this 2 very robust modes 73

Ralph Katz

That is what people are saying. Thanks & 73!

Ralph AA8RK

On 17.7.2021 19.54, Panos wrote:
Hi ok and yes this ability is not present any more. I wonder why since, I insist to play with this 2 very robust modes 73
See this for possible reason: https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/26720

Of course you can still work on JT9 or JT65modes, but cannot do both at the same time.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Reino Talarmo

Hï,

If you are interested in higher bands, are you studied what Q65 offers, see
Q65_Quick_Start.pdf (princeton.edu) ,

and in case of lower bands, are you studied FST4?

73, Reino OH3mA

That is what people are saying. Thanks & 73!

Ralph AA8RK

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021, 12:55 PM Panos <sv1grn@...> wrote:

Hi ok and yes this ability is not present any more. I wonder why since, I insist to play with this 2 very robust modes 73

Jim Brown

On 7/17/2021 11:24 AM, Karza wrote:
Of course you can still work on JT9 or JT65modes, but cannot do both at the same time.
But why would you want to if newer modes like FST4 and Q65 are superior?

73, Jim K9YC