locked WSJT-X 2.5.0 / MAP65 3.0 #map65

Ken

Hi Bill,

Per our earlier discussion I have loaded WSJT-X 2.5.0-RC3 which seems to be working fine on 6m FT8.
It has resolved my K3, 2 second TX delay issues.

Moving on to MAP65 3,0

1) I downloaded and brought upran ZADIG, selected DG8SAQ-12C and replaced it with libusbK which seem to be OK.
2) I changed my desktop shortcuts as suggested in the Quick Start Guide.
3) WSJT-X 2.5.0 appears to come up OK.
I have not configured the radio or sound card yet as I am waiting for my repaired K3 to arrive next week.
4) I brought up MAP65 3.0 and tried to configure the sound card selecting DIYINHK USB Audio for the record device.
MAP65 (Windows device Manager says it is working OK) and MAP 65 showed the left channel bar graph working. The right channel bar graph was not working. What ever sound card device I picked was an 8 ch device.
4) Map 65 came up with an error message "Subprocess Error, Subprocess Failed with Exit Code 2" whatever that means, and MAP65 shut down. I cannot restar MAP65. When I try to restart MAP65 a Windows error message comes up and says it will close the program.

WHAT DO I DO NOW ???

Ken - W8KEN

Bill Somerville

On 10/07/2021 22:22, Ken via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Hi Ken,

did you have MAP65 set to Xpol mode in the settings window?

Is there any more information with the error message? If you cannot restart MAP65 try deleting the MAP65.ini file, you will need to redo your settings if you do that.

Ken

Hi Bill,

1) Deleted MAP65 ini file
2) Restarted MAP65 - Redid settings - Set MAP65 to XPOL and checked Sound Card +10 and reentered Callsign and Grid.
3) MAP65 ran for a few minutes (bth ch receiving now) then displayed  a Subprocess Error: Subprocess failed with exit code 2.
Subprocess Error Details:
Running C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\m65 -s
At line 38 of file C:\Users|bill\src\k1jt\wsjtz\map65\libm65\q65b.f90 (unit = 9)
Fortran runtime error: Cannot open file 'wsjtx_dir.txt': No such file or directory

Error Termination.
Backtrace:

Could not print backtrace:
libbacktrace could not find executable to open
#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff

#12  0xffffffff

#13  0xffffffff

#14  0xffffffff

#15  0xffffffff

#16  0xffffffff

Of course, MAP65 will not open now.
I can delete the MAP65.ini file and redo the setup, but what do I change so I don't get this Error again ?

Ken - W8KEN

On 7/10/2021 6:30 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
[...]

that error is probably because you are not running MAP65 from the right working directory. You mentioned you had modified your shortcuts before, please check you have done that correctly as per the Installation section in the Quick Start Guide:

#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff

#12  0xffffffff

#13  0xffffffff

#14  0xffffffff

#15  0xffffffff

#16  0xffffffff

[...]

Edited

GM Bill,

My old MAP65 program is in C:\WSJT\MAP65
WSJT-X 2.50rc3 is in C:\WSJT\wsjtx

Instances:
I see 3 folders.

1)  C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\WSJT-X

2)  C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\WSJT-X -K3_HF

3)
C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\WSJT-X -K3_VHF

See below.

What do I need to change ???

Ken - W8KEN

#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff

#12  0xffffffff

#13  0xffffffff

#14  0xffffffff

#15  0xffffffff

#16  0xffffffff

[...]

I forgot to send a picture of my MAP65 Shortcut. See below.
Do I need to add -rig-name=K3_VHF to the MAP65 Shortcut ?
I did not use the instance for the old MAP65 because it wasn't part of WSJT-X.

#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff

#12  0xffffffff

#13  0xffffffff

#14  0xffffffff

#15  0xffffffff

#16  0xffffffff

[...]

you are not following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide, in the Installation section it states that you must set the "Start in" directory to the one when the map65.exe program is.

#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff

#12  0xffffffff

#13  0xffffffff

#14  0xffffffff

#15  0xffffffff

#16  0xffffffff

[...]

The new version of MAP65 is located in C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin.
My start directory is C:\WSJT\wsjtx

MAP65 starts and runs until it trys to Decode, then locks up with the same error message as before.
Close program and my shortcut will reopen MAP65 but it locks up again when the Decode button lites up and shows the same Subprocess error.

BTW the old MAP65 program is in C:\WSJT\MAP65 --- Do I need to delete this Sub Dir and old program ???
Do I need to add "-rig-name=K3_VHF" to my Target for MAP65 as I did for WSJT ???

Ken - W8KEN

#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff

#12  0xffffffff

#13  0xffffffff

#14  0xffffffff

#15  0xffffffff

#16  0xffffffff

[...]

Tom Melvin

Ken

Bill mentioned: you must set the "Start in" directory to the one when the map65.exe program is.

You said (and images shows) you have  Start in set to     C:\wsjt\wsjtx
 and you said: The new version of MAP65 is located in C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin

So while I have not read the install guide - the post suggests  all you need to do is set 'Start In' to: C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin

e.g. where the map65.exe program is located.

Tom
GM8MJV

#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff

#12  0xffffffff

#13  0xffffffff

#14  0xffffffff

#15  0xffffffff

#16  0xffffffff

[...]

TU Tom,

Thanks for the info.
Adding \bin seems to have done the trick.

Ken

�

#0� 0xffffffff
#1� 0xffffffff
#2� 0xffffffff
#3� 0xffffffff
#4� 0xffffffff
#5� 0xffffffff
#6� 0xffffffff
#7� 0xffffffff
#8� 0xffffffff
#9� 0xffffffff
#10� 0xffffffff
#11� 0xffffffff

#12� 0xffffffff

#13� 0xffffffff

#14� 0xffffffff

#15� 0xffffffff

#16� 0xffffffff

[...]

Ok Bill,

I changed my Start in location to: C:\WSJT\wsjtx
MAP65 comes up and runs now.

I seems as if changing a setting that MAP65 does not like will cause the program to crash and not reopen.
Deleting the MAP65.ini file allows the program to restart, but settings must be reset as you mentioned.

I have set most parameters except when I set SI570 Control to "Initialize IQ+ on startup", MAP65 crashes and will not restart.
Editing the MAP65.ini file from InitIQplus=true to InitIQplus=false allows the program to run again.

Problem is that my test signal at 144.120 Mhz shows up at 144.144 Mhz.
With MAP65 2.7
"Initialize IQ+ on startup" reset the frequency correction in the IQ+ which put it on frequency.

How can I get this to work with MAP65 3.0 ????

#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff

#12  0xffffffff

#13  0xffffffff

#14  0xffffffff

#15  0xffffffff

#16  0xffffffff

[...]

TYPO error from last reply: Start in is C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin not
C:\WSJT\wsjtx, corrected below.

I changed my Start in location to: C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin