#map65 #AudioIssues #AudioIssues #map65

K5DOG

Does Map65 v3.0.0-rc1 handle audio differently from earlier versions? I have an issue where v3.0.0 randomly looses its audio from the Funcube ++ soundcard. Action freezes and Map65 says "Receiving NIL".
This happens randomly with no relationship to time corrections or any other computer function that I can discern. When checked, Windows says the FCD is functioning normally.
I can repair by changing the I/O to Network and back to Soundcard (FCD), or by Switching from MME to DirectX or vice-versa.  I have recently occasionally seen similar audio failure with different USB soundcard in WSJT-x v2.4.
May be a problem with Win 10, but I don't know how to track down the issue.  Any hints?

Bill Somerville

On 09/07/2021 16:00, K5DOG wrote:
Does Map65 v3.0.0-rc1 handle audio differently from earlier versions? I have an issue where v3.0.0 randomly looses its audio from the Funcube ++ soundcard. Action freezes and Map65 says "Receiving NIL".
This happens randomly with no relationship to time corrections or any other computer function that I can discern. When checked, Windows says the FCD is functioning normally.
I can repair by changing the I/O to Network and back to Soundcard (FCD), or by Switching from MME to DirectX or vice-versa.  I have recently occasionally seen similar audio failure with different USB soundcard in WSJT-x v2.4.
May be a problem with Win 10, but I don't know how to track down the issue.  Any hints?
Hi Steve,

these sort of issues are normally due to Windows invoking power saving options on USB hubs, that in turn re-enumerates the devices the hubs serve and confuses applications using them. Make sure you have disabled power saving options on each of your USB hubs using Windows Device Manager, also disable USB Selective Suspend in the Window Power management advanced options for your currently selected power plan.

Joe

You should be using RC3, not RC1.  Many improvements!

That said, I'm not aware of any audio input differences that could cause the problem you describe.  Quite a few are now using MAP65 3.0.0-rc3, and I have not heard of any problems with using the FUNcube dongle.  You might want to post a query to Moon-Net, where nearly all MAP65-related email traffic can be found.

  -- 73, Joe, K1JT