Request - Wanted Call Text Box #wsjt-x

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/07/2021 11:51 am, N8OFP.DL@... wrote:
I know programs like JTAlert offer this function but the process to add or remove a call sign is too time consuming, and the author doesn't seem interested in making any such change

What change in JTAlert behavior did you request that was not implemented?

What is onerous about performing a right click on a callsign then a single click to automatically add or remove the Callsign from the Wanted Callsign list? Two mouse clicks without the need of keyboard entry. I don't know how it could be made any simpler.

de Laurie VK3AMA
(JTAlert author)

Michael Black

He's referring to a dxpedition for example where you haven't decoded them yet.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, July 5, 2021, 04:12:50 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 5/07/2021 11:51 am, N8OFP.DL@... wrote:
I know programs like JTAlert offer this function but the process to add or remove a call sign is too time consuming, and the author doesn't seem interested in making any such change

What change in JTAlert behavior did you request that was not implemented?

What is onerous about performing a right click on a callsign then a single click to automatically add or remove the Callsign from the Wanted Callsign list? Two mouse clicks without the need of keyboard entry. I don't know how it could be made any simpler.

de Laurie VK3AMA
(JTAlert author)

Joe Subich, W4TV

Again, what is so onerous with Settings -> Wanted Callsigns, then
type in the dxpedition/grid rover callsign and click "Add"?

It's easier than enabling/disabling contest mode or hound mode
in WSJTX.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On Monday, July 5, 2021, 04:12:50 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/07/2021 11:51 am, N8OFP.DL@gmail.com <mailto:N8OFP.DL@gmail.com> wrote:
I know programs like JTAlert offer this function but the process to
add or remove a call sign is too time consuming, and the author
doesn't seem interested in making any such change
What change in JTAlertbehavior did you request that was not implemented?
What is onerous about performing a right click on a callsign then a single click to automatically add or remove the Callsign from the Wanted Callsign list? Two mouse clicks without the need of keyboard entry. I don't know how it could be made any simpler.
de Laurie VK3AMA
(JTAlert author)

Michael Black

Because it takes virtually forever for Settings to open up and then JTAlert is locked up while you do it.

I already explained the easy way -- type the call into WSJT-X (something you have to do anyways) and then right-click the call in main the JTAlert window and add it.  Can't make it any easier than two clicks and typing as far as I know.

Mike W9MDB

On 2021-07-05 5:18 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
> He's referring to a dxpedition for example where you haven't decoded
> them yet.
>
> Mike W9MDB
>

> On Monday, July 5, 2021, 04:12:50 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
> <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
>

> On 5/07/2021 11:51 am, N8OFP.DL@... <mailto:N8OFP.DL@...> wrote:

>    I know programs like JTAlert offer this function but the process to
>    add or remove a call sign is too time consuming, and the author
>    doesn't seem interested in making any such change
>

> What change in JTAlertbehavior did you request that was not implemented?
>
> What is onerous about performing a right click on a callsign then a
> single click to automatically add or remove the Callsign from the Wanted
> Callsign list? Two mouse clicks without the need of keyboard entry. I
> don't know how it could be made any simpler.
>
> de Laurie VK3AMA
> (JTAlert author)

Joe Subich, W4TV

I already explained the easy way -- type the call into WSJT-X
(something you have to do anyways) and then right-click the call in
main the JTAlert window and add it.
That *assumes* you have screen space to waste and have enabled View
-> Show Log Fields. With the new Callsigns Window, I do not bother
with "Show Log Fields" and keep the JTAlert Main window as small as
possible. In any case, I don't find two clicks to the Wanted Callsigns
page excessive or that it takes too long to come up.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

<mailto:N8OFP.DL@gmail.com <mailto:N8OFP.DL@gmail.com>> wrote:

>    I know programs like JTAlert offer this function but the process to
>    add or remove a call sign is too time consuming, and the author
>    doesn't seem interested in making any such change
>

> What change in JTAlertbehavior did you request that was not implemented?
>
> What is onerous about performing a right click on a callsign then a
> single click to automatically add or remove the Callsign from the Wanted
> Callsign list? Two mouse clicks without the need of keyboard entry. I
> don't know how it could be made any simpler.
>
> de Laurie VK3AMA
> (JTAlert author)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/07/2021 8:14 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I already explained the easy way -- type the call into WSJT-X (something you have to do anyways) and then right-click the call in main the JTAlert window and add it.  Can't make it any easier than two clicks and typing as far as I know.

Mike W9MDB

That works. I recall you posted a similar response on the WSJTX group thread before they moderated the responses (aka deleted them without notifying the senders) and locked the topic.

The keyboard entry can be eliminated if the Callsigns in question is being decoded.

As for the slow JTAlert Settings startup, not much I can do about that, I am hamstrung by the old AutoIT code, once that is gone you will get the benefit of real-time settings changes/updates with immediate reflection of those changes in the various displays. This can already be seen in the new 2.50.x build windows and their dedicated Options popup window (F2 key or Gear icon click). The Settings are being decentralized from the monolithic single Settings database file of the old JTAlert to putting settings with the window to which they apply and in their own options config file. That change is ongoing.

de Laurie VK3AMA