WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc3 and MAP65 3.0-rc3 #general

Joe

Dear WSJT-X and MAP65 Users,

We are pleased to announce that a public Release Candidate WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc3 is ready for download by beta testers. On Windows the installation package also includes MAP65 3.0.0-rc3. See the Release Notes for changes since WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc2:

https://physics.princeton.edu//pulsar/k1jt/Release_Notes.txt

We are especially interested in feedback from users of the new mode Q65 and the separate program MAP65. If you have been using Q65 with WSJT-X 2.4, 2.5, or MAP65 3.0, please send us a a summary of your experiences. If you have found bugs, please send us details.

Links for downloading WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc3 can be found on the WSJT-X Home Page, https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html Scroll down to find "Candidate release: WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc3".

WSJT-X and MAP65 are licensed under the terms of Version 3 of the GNU General Public License (GPLv3). Development of this software is a cooperative project to which many amateur radio operators have contributed. If you use our code, please have the courtesy to let us know about it. If you find bugs or make improvements to the code, please report them to us in a timely fashion.

We hope you will enjoy using this beta release of WSJT-X 2.5.0 and MAP65 3.0.0, and especially exercising the new mode Q65. As a beta tester you should report on your experiences with new features, successful and otherwise, on one of the relevant WSJT forums. Bugs should be reported by following instructions found here in the User Guide:

https://www.physics.princeton.edu//pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0-rc3.html#_bug_reports

-- 73 from Joe, K1JT; Bill, G4WJS; Steve, K9AN; and Nico, IV3NWV