locked Request - Wanted Call Text Box #wsjt-x

N8OFP.DL@...

I would like to see a text box added to the main screen of WSJT-X where a user could enter a specific call sign they are watching for. The program would highlight that call sign in some fashion to let the user know that it had been decoded. With the FT8 and FT4 modes becoming more and more popular it is difficult to find a specific call sign. This is especially true during special events or contest (prime example the 13 Colonies Event). The text box would only hold one call sign and the user could copy and paste or type the call sign in. To remove the call sign the user would simply highlight the call and either type over it, or delete it.

I know programs like JTAlert offer this function but the process to add or remove a call sign is too time consuming, and the author doesn't seem interested in making any such change..

Jim Cooper

On 4 Jul 2021 at 18:51, N8OFP.DL@gmail.com wrote:

I know programs like JTAlert offer
this function but the process to add
or remove a call sign is too time
consuming, and the author doesn't
seem interested in making any such
change..
Where have you been? In JTalert, all you have to do is
right click on the call sign from any of about four or five
different locations and you get a menu allowing you to add
or delete the callfrom the Wanted list or several other
lists. Two clicks and it's done; A total of about 2 seconds.

Don't trash programs unless you are using the latest version
and have read the FAQ and the user guides.

Michael Black

For JTAlert all you have to do is type the callsign into the DX Call box in WSJT-X.  It will then show up in the JTAlert main window -- right-click on it and select "Add to Wanted Callsigns List".  Couldn't be much easier with just two mouse clicks.

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:11:42 PM CDT, N8OFP.DL@... <n8ofp.dl@...> wrote:

I would like to see a text box added to the main screen of WSJT-X where a user could enter a specific call sign they are watching for. The program would highlight that call sign in some fashion to let the user know that it had been decoded. With the FT8 and FT4 modes becoming more and more popular it is difficult to find a specific call sign. This is especially true during special events or contest (prime example the 13 Colonies Event). The text box would only hold one call sign and the user could copy and paste or type the call sign in. To remove the call sign the user would simply highlight the call and either type over it, or delete it.

I know programs like JTAlert offer this function but the process to add or remove a call sign is too time consuming, and the author doesn't seem interested in making any such change..

Carl - WC4H

JTAlerts and GridTracker both let you do this.  Yes it does involve a little setup in either, but that's the price one pays for features.

73.
Carl - WC4G

neil_zampella

Um ... the 'wanted callsign' has been a feature of JTAlert for a while now.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 7/4/2021 8:51 PM, N8OFP.DL@... wrote:
[...]

And adding and deleting callsigns from the list is as hard as entering the callsign, clicking on the ADD button, or highlighting a callsign, and clicking the DELETE button.

Hardly 'time consuming"

Neil, KN3ILZ