received qsy when responding to a CQ #QSO_practices #FT8 #wsjt-x

I recently responded to a CQ from an alaska station KL7RRC, and in responce received "qsy 7047". but no further decodes from this station?
What is the qsy about? 7047 is outsice the ft8 range.

Robie - AJ4F

Michale,

7047.5 is a freq used for FT4.  I have seen FT8 there also.

Robie - AJ4F

On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 8:17 AM Michael E Wilson Sr <ke5wct@...> wrote:
I recently responded to a CQ from an alaska station KL7RRC, and in responce received "qsy 7047". but no further decodes from this station?
What is the qsy about? 7047 is outsice the ft8 range.

Jim

apparently he changed mode to FT4

On 7/3/2021 8:10 AM, Michael E Wilson Sr wrote:
I recently responded to a CQ from an alaska station KL7RRC, and in responce received "qsy 7047". but no further decodes from this station?
What is the qsy about? 7047 is outsice the ft8 range.

N3EA

Sounds like he wanted you to change frequency to the FT4 frequency (7047.5 Khz) to try to work you on that mode.

73,

Al, N3EA

Jim Shorney

So you to go 7047 to see what is there?

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 03 Jul 2021 06:10:27 -0700
"Michael E Wilson Sr" <ke5wct@gmail.com> wrote:

I recently responded to a CQ from an alaska station KL7RRC, and in responce received "qsy 7047". but no further decodes from this station?
What is the qsy about? 7047 is outsice the ft8 range.

the wsjt freq window turned red.
Mike
KE5WCT

Brian Stucker

That station is an IOTA expedition with some very experienced operators. It’s a rare island, QSY!

You will see FT-4 and FT-8 around 7.047. They’re also very near the boundary of region 1 so you’ll probably see them on 7.056 as well.

73,