#WSJT-X #and #Flex-6400 #radio #wsjt-x #radio #FlexRadio

Dennis Wage <dwage@...>

Is anyone having problems with the current version of WSJT-X stopping sending any tones to the radio, either tx or tune? The radio keys and everything looks normal but no tones are getting to the radio.

A restart of WSJT-X always fixes it and one time that I know of, it just started working again without a restart.

--
Dennis M. Wage (W9BOQ)

245 Corum Hill Road
Castalian Springs, TN 37031
(615) 310-4242
https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/dennis-wage/252054
http://overdubs.net

Brian Stucker

Yes. I occasionally get this with my Flex 6400. I think the problem is with DAX (I’m on version 3.12ish). When the problem crops up it’s usually when I’ve been connecting DAX to different stations fairly quickly.

I never see the problem on RX, just TX audio so I’m guessing there’s a bug somewhere in DAX.

This all assumes that you’ve already made the change in windows to not allow USB ports to sleep.

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 9:56 PM Dennis Wage <dwage@...> wrote:
Is anyone having problems with the current version of WSJT-X stopping sending any tones to the radio, either tx or tune? The radio keys and everything looks normal but no tones are getting to the radio.

A restart of WSJT-X always fixes it and one time that I know of, it just started working again without a restart.

Al Groff

If your not using WSJT-X v2.4.0 , you may wish to update..  That version solved some of the same problems for me.

AL, K0VM

On 7/3/2021 11:40 PM, Brian Stucker wrote:
Yes. I occasionally get this with my Flex 6400. I think the problem is with DAX (I’m on version 3.12ish). When the problem crops up it’s usually when I’ve been connecting DAX to different stations fairly quickly.

I never see the problem on RX, just TX audio so I’m guessing there’s a bug somewhere in DAX.

This all assumes that you’ve already made the change in windows to not allow USB ports to sleep.

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 9:56 PM Dennis Wage <dwage@...> wrote:
Is anyone having problems with the current version of WSJT-X stopping sending any tones to the radio, either tx or tune? The radio keys and everything looks normal but no tones are getting to the radio.

A restart of WSJT-X always fixes it and one time that I know of, it just started working again without a restart.

Brian Stucker

I am usually on the latest or a release candidate. I’ have t had the problem since 2.4.0 so maybe it is more stable.

Thanks!

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 2:52 PM Al Groff via groups.io <al.k0vm=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Al,