Connect Wsjt-x log to other log programs. #logging

RICHARD GROSS

How can I  connect the WSJT-X logging program to LoTw or to the QRZ.com log?

neil_zampella

You need a third party program, such as an intermediary like JTAlert, or a regular logging program that can interface with WSJT-X.    

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 6/28/2021 9:58 AM, RICHARD GROSS wrote:

Bill Somerville

On 28/06/2021 15:58, RICHARD GROSS wrote:

Richard,

that is a rather generic question. Personally I use a station logging application (DX Lab Suite) that handles that functionality for all modes of operation, i.e. not just for WSJTX digi modes. Other logging applications are available and most, if not all, also handle that requirement, also some bridging tools like JTAlert can provide the same for those who do not use a main station logging application.

Bill
G4WJS.

William Smith

This is operating system dependent, and there are multiple options for each OS.

I'm currently running Win10, and I use HRD, HRD LogBook, WSJT-x, and JTAlert, but it's ugly and sluggish (on my Frankenstein machine), and I'm contemplating setting up something like:

On a Raspberry Pi 4, though I'm sure there will be gotcha's there as well.  8*)

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Jun 28, 2021, at 10:58 AM, RICHARD GROSS <rgross7068@...> wrote:

Bob Turner

You don’t as WSJTx won’t do that.  You use another program to handle that.  I use Grid Tracker.  JTAlert may do much of the same.  There may be other solutions as well.

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of RICHARD GROSS
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2021 10:59 AM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Connect Wsjt-x log to other log programs. #logging

Rob Kivell

Richard, which program you might use to connect to other logs is dependent on which logs you are trying to connect to. I use JtAlert to move my QSO’s to DXK. Log Publisher moves the log to QRZ and HRDlog.net. I then use QRZ to send the log to LOTW. The thing to remember here is that any log that reaches DXK from any source (like a manual entry using DXK capture window) is then picked up by Log Publisher.

On Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 7:07 AM, Bob Turner <n2scj-lists@...> wrote:

You don’t as WSJTx won’t do that.  You use another program to handle that.  I use Grid Tracker.  JTAlert may do much of the same.  There may be other solutions as well.

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of RICHARD GROSS

RICHARD GROSS

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 09:44 AM, Rob Kivell wrote:
Richard, which program you might use to connect to other logs is dependent on which logs you are trying to connect to. I use JtAlert to move my QSO’s to DXK. Log Publisher moves the log to QRZ and HRDlog.net. I then use QRZ to send the log to LOTW. The thing to remember here is that any log that reaches DXK from any source (like a manual entry using DXK capture window) is then picked up by Log Publisher.

Rob kk4eun

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

Rob kk4eun

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

Thanks Rob. I will try those. So if I understand it correctly, the wsjt-x log box that pops up after a completed QSO just makes an .adi file that cannot be used for anything except to cull out out the info to manually enter into another log program. There is no info on this in the Help Files that I can find. 

Rob Kivell

Richard, I am not sure what your question is. In my case, jtalert provides a pop up window that provides all the basic information for the log. This pop up “pops up” at the conclusion of the QSO’s automatically. You then have the opportunity to change any entry you might have Click “ok” when you want to send the log to DXK. Once the log is successfully sent to DXK you get a confirmation of said fact, There is no manual entry unless you want to add something extra not covered by JTAlert

The logs are then sent to QRZ and HRDlog,net automatically. The only manual thing is to send logs from QRZ to LOTW ,

JtAlert is a must have in my humble opinion. DXK, JtAlert and Log Publisher have more than excellent support. Log publisher is free to try and 10 euro to buy

On Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 9:26 AM, RICHARD GROSS <rgross7068@...> wrote:

Rob kk4eun

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

Rob kk4eun

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

Thanks Rob. I will try those. So if I understand it correctly, the wsjt-x log box that pops up after a completed QSO just makes an .adi file that cannot be used for anything except to cull out out the info to manually enter into another log program. There is no info on this in the Help Files that I can find. 

SA5QED/David

With "a few" mouseclicks you can upload the "wsjtx-log.adi" file to QRZ.COM and with two more clicks you can export it to LOTW. 
That's how I do it.
But it's a manual process and takes one minute on my Raspberry...
Good luck!

RICHARD GROSS

To SA5QED. How can I send the .adi file to QRZ.Com and LoTw with a few clicks?