WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc2 and MAP65 3.0-rc2 #general

Joe

Dear WSJT-X and MAP65 Users,

We are pleased to announce that a public Release Candidate WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc2 is ready for download by beta testers. On Windows the installation package includes MAP65 3.0.0-rc2. See the Release Notes for changes since WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc1:
https://physics.princeton.edu//pulsar/k1jt/Release_Notes.txt

Links for downloading WSJT-X 2.5.0 can be found on the WSJT-X Home Page,
https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html
Scroll down to find "Candidate release: WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc2".

WSJT-X and MAP65 are licensed under the terms of Version 3 of the GNU General Public License (GPLv3). Development of this software is a cooperative project to which many amateur radio operators have contributed. If you use our code, please have the courtesy to let us know about it. If you find bugs or make improvements to the code, please report them to us in a timely fashion.

We hope you will enjoy using this beta release of WSJT-X 2.5.0 and MAP65 3.0.0, and especially exercising the new mode Q65. As a beta tester you should report on your experiences with new features, successful and otherwise, on one of the relevant WSJT forums. Bugs should be reported by following instructions found here in the User Guide:

https://www.physics.princeton.edu//pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0-rc2.html#_bug_reports

-- 73 from Joe, K1JT; Bill, G4WJS; Steve, K9AN; and Nico, IV3NWV