Lost cat (Old problem new to me) #WSJTX_config #FT8 #Cat_RigControl

Dennis Jacobson

Well this is a new one for me.. I was running along just fine on FT8, then one day I turned on the radio brought up FT8 and everything looked fine.  Decodes were coming across just fine The minute I tried to tune up, the dreaded HamLib error came up. I was told the configuration was wrong.  I went back and compared the current config. and the original one that I had when I had it running just fine. They are both the same.  Theoretically it should be working.  Nothing else has changed.. I checked the cabling and it as all solid.   The only thing I can think of that just came to mind is a Windows 10 update.. I'll check that and try to undo the latest ones to see if I can find where it happens.  Any other ideas would be welcome. I did check all the USB power options and the are all not allowed to sleep.

Bill Somerville

On 24/06/2021 18:27, Dennis Jacobson wrote:
Well this is a new one for me.. I was running along just fine on FT8, then one day I turned on the radio brought up FT8 and everything looked fine.  Decodes were coming across just fine The minute I tried to tune up, the dreaded HamLib error came up. I was told the configuration was wrong.  I went back and compared the current config. and the original one that I had when I had it running just fine. They are both the same.  Theoretically it should be working.  Nothing else has changed.. I checked the cabling and it as all solid.   The only thing I can think of that just came to mind is a Windows 10 update.. I'll check that and try to undo the latest ones to see if I can find where it happens.  Any other ideas would be welcome. I did check all the USB power options and the are all not allowed to sleep.
OM,

there is no singular Hamlib error, if you don't shared the text of the error message, including details, we can't help you.

Dennis Jacobson

Thanks Bill your right of course… Bt the problem is resolved .. I saw there was a new beta version out so I installed that one.  It worked just fine after that… I went back to the previous one I was having problems with and it worked just fine also… Can’t explain. It but it is working well again…

Thanks as usual.
Dennis N6NG

Dennis Jacobson

Well I spoke too soon.. System worked just fine all day yesterday (Thursday)..  Came in this morning, booted the system and WSJT-X 2.3.0 and now I get Rig Control Error  on both the 2.3.0 and on the 2.5.0-rc1.  Something changed on the reboot but no indication what... I haven't changed anything.  And this is a new message of rig control error.  I didn't change any of the wiring or even moved any cable or radios around.
Any help?
Dennis N6NG

Dennis Jacobson

Finally got a screenshot of what happens when I try to Tune in WSJTX.   Maybe it will help..
Dennis N6NG

Dennis Jacobson

Another piece of information... WSJT-X works just fine until I bring up the PstRotator program.  Then it WSJT-X fails immediately ...  The PstRotaor program uses Com Port 4 and WSJT-X uses Com Port 1 and 3... Shouldn't be a problem in my mind... but maybe related somehow...
Thanks again.
Dennis N6NG