WSJT-X Reporting to PSK Reporter #Beacons

invl160 Davis

I am operating a TransAtlantic VHF SDR Beacon Monitoring station here in St.John's NL GN37.  The callsign for this 2M receive only station is VO1FN.
Since inception in May there has been one decode of K1TEO 1760 KMS on 144.174Mhz FT8.

When I look on the PSK Map i do not see VO1FN as a Monitor.  There is a link to click that will bring up large markers to show VHF Monitors reporting but VO1FN does not appear.  I cannot find any information about how WSJT-X reports to PSK Reporter site.  Is there away to "force" a report ?...I am looking for a way to have VO1FN appear on the map.  Will this only happen if it is able to hear signals and report on a regular basis ?

Frank VO1HP

Bill Somerville

On 22/06/2021 17:46, invl160 Davis wrote:
I am operating a TransAtlantic VHF SDR Beacon Monitoring station here in St.John's NL GN37.  The callsign for this 2M receive only station is VO1FN.
Since inception in May there has been one decode of K1TEO 1760 KMS on 144.174Mhz FT8.

When I look on the PSK Map i do not see VO1FN as a Monitor.  There is a link to click that will bring up large markers to show VHF Monitors reporting but VO1FN does not appear.  I cannot find any information about how WSJT-X reports to PSK Reporter site.  Is there away to "force" a report ?...I am looking for a way to have VO1FN appear on the map.  Will this only happen if it is able to hear signals and report on a regular basis ?

Frank VO1HP
Hi Frank,

receiving station reports are sent to PSK Reporter regardless of whether decodes suitable for spotting are received, all you need do is enable PSK Reporter spotting in "Settings->Reporting" and have a working Internet connection. What happens at the PSK Report server end is not something I can comment on, perhaps a question on the PSK Reporter support mailing list is your best option.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 10:22 PM, invl160 Davis wrote:
Will this only happen if it is able to hear signals and report on a regular basis ?
If Settings>Reporting is enabled, PSKReporter should show you as monitoring station (always normally ...)

--
---

Christoph Petermann DF9CY

JO54al (Baltic Sea Coast)
7 MHz Dipole @9,5m - 400w

50MHz 6 ele OP-DES Yagi - 270w

144MHz 9 ele DK7ZB - 330w
432MHz 23 ele - 35w

https://www.df9cy.de

If Settings>Reporting is enabled, PSKReporter should show you as monitoring station (always normally ...)
--
---

Christoph Petermann DF9CY

JO54al (Baltic Sea Coast)
7 MHz Dipole @9,5m - 400w

50MHz 6 ele OP-DES Yagi - 270w

144MHz 9 ele DK7ZB - 330w
432MHz 23 ele - 35w

https://www.df9cy.de

invl160 Davis

Settings-->Reporting is enabled but VO1FN does not show as a  Monitor.   MAybe it does not show if it is not continually sending spots.
Puzzling?