#Cat_RigControl WSJT-X/IC7610 FT8 Bandwidth control #Cat_RigControl

Doug Grant

I suspect this has been cpvered but I cannot find anything by searching the archives.

I am using WSJT-X v2.4.0 with an IC7610, controlling everything through the USB port.

Everything works fine, but I want to run the radio receiver at 3 kHz bandwidth instead of 2.4 kHz.

If I manually tap the FILTER button on the radio, I can select 3 kHz, but as soon as WSJT-X makes a transmission, the radio switches back to 2.4 kHz.

I am using the radio in USB mode, and tried the Data/pkt setting instead, which puts the radio in USB-Dx mode and none of those modes have a 3 kHz BW option (they are all even narrower than 2.4 and I cannot figure out how to make one of them 3 kHz)..

I suspect there is a simple way to do this a few menu steps down on either the radio or WSJT-X but I cannot find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks & 73,

Doug K1DG,

Bill Somerville

On 20/06/2021 20:46, Doug Grant wrote:
[...]

Hi Doug,

if you have the "Settings->Radio->Mode->Data/Pkt" option checked then WSJT-X, via Hamlib, should be selecting USB-D (FIL 1) settings on you rig. Adjust the USB-D1 bandwidth on you rig to maximum. I am not sure if bandwidth settings are recalled per band, if they are then you may need to adjust FIL 1 in USB-D mode for each band you use.

Page 4-4 of the English Basic Manual for the IC-7610 seems to cover IF bandwidth setting. You can set the filters up to 3600 Hz wide in SSB modes like SSB-D

Bruce N7XGR

Doug,  Tis a simple task to increase the RX bandwidth.
Be in USB-D1 or D2 or D3 mode
Press and hold the FILTER button
Tap the desired filter button, FIL1 or FIL2 or FIL3
Tap the BW button
Rotate the VFO knob clockwise to increase the bandwidth
Tap the BW button again
Save these settings to the SD card when done--IMPORTANT
The DATA mode has 3 totally adjustable filter bandwidths
which is the same as in regular USB mode.
3 DATA filter settings and 3 regular USB filter settings.