locked Can hamlib for Windows be used? #Cat_RigControl

Fred Cole

I asked this on the Facebook group, but this question may be better suited here. Can WSJT-X on Windows 10 be configured to use hamlib/rigctld on the same machine, instead of its internal? What I would like to do is be able to have Log4OM running and be able to switch between apps like FLdigi, WSJT-X, and voice and still have Log4OM track the frequency. The same thing, I suppose, can be done with Omnirig but I've tried that and I couldn't get it to work. My guess is that it would require me to compile from source, a task I would have to learn under Windows. I can muddle through compiling on Linux so that won't hurt my brain too much.

Fred - N2NRV

Bill Somerville

On 19/06/2021 04:51, Fred Cole wrote:
I asked this on the Facebook group, but this question may be better suited here. Can WSJT-X on Windows 10 be configured to use hamlib/rigctld on the same machine, instead of its internal? What I would like to do is be able to have Log4OM running and be able to switch between apps like FLdigi, WSJT-X, and voice and still have Log4OM track the frequency. The same thing, I suppose, can be done with Omnirig but I've tried that and I couldn't get it to work. My guess is that it would require me to compile from source, a task I would have to learn under Windows. I can muddle through compiling on Linux so that won't hurt my brain too much.

Fred - N2NRV
Fred,

I do not understand what you are asking, can you clarify please? Log4OM is not compatabile with Hamlib AFAIK so you can use Hamlib to control your rig, or you can use Log4OM to control you rig. To have both involved would need a different arrangement.

Fred Cole

Bill,

I got my answer in the Facebook group. All I needed to do was select "hamlib NET rigctl" in the "Radio" tab, to utilize rigctld. Log4OM can also talk to rigctld in its CAT control. I had been so focused on picking which rig, I never noticed the option for rigctl in the dropdown list.

Bill Somerville

On 19/06/2021 15:59, Fred Cole wrote:
Bill,

I got my answer in the Facebook group. All I needed to do was select "hamlib NET rigctl" in the "Radio" tab, to utilize rigctld. Log4OM can also talk to rigctld in its CAT control. I had been so focused on picking which rig, I never noticed the option for rigctl in the dropdown list.
Hi Fred,

OK, understood. I was not aware that Log4OM had support for Hamlib. Yes that is a good configuration with those applications.