locked #FT8 Not Possible to sign portable? #FT8 #wsjt-x

robert scott

I will operating from a different Call Area and wanted to sign WR3Y/7. I was told that wsjt-x will not pick up appending my call/7 ? I will of course be signing with the correct grid square. Is that true?

TU
Rob
WR3Y

Bill, WB6JJJ

Adding /7 should work OK. There will be “< call >” in the decode window but that is normal for a non-standard call.
Is there a good reason for adding portable 7? In most cases it is not needed since your grid square indicates where you are located. Also, merging your normal log with a portable 7 log along with uploading to LotW is a bit more of a chore.

Have fun,
Bill
WB6JJJ
Sherwood, Oregon (7)

On Jun 17, 2021, at 1:14 PM, robert scott <robertgscott@...> wrote:

I will operating from a different Call Area and wanted to sign WR3Y/7. I was told that wsjt-x will not pick up appending my call/7 ? I will of course be signing with the correct grid square. Is that true?

TU
Rob
WR3Y

Jim Brown

On 6/17/2021 10:03 AM, robert scott wrote:
I will operating from a different Call Area and wanted to sign WR3Y/7
Why? I've lived in W6 for 15 years, and the only times I've ever used /6 was on 6M CW when the band was open, so that callers wouldn't turn their beams in the wrong direction. That issue is covered by the normal inclusion of our grid in a CQ.

73, Jim K9YC