#Error Message #IssueReport

Bob Chortek

Good Day,

If I operate my 7610 with the SPE 1.5 K- FA amplifier I get a message which says “An error opening sound input device has occurred“.

If run the rig barefoot at say 10 W, it operates fine and no error message appears.

I’m guessing possible RF and so I’ll add some fair rates to the USB cable.

Can someone please explain what the error message means and possible solutions, on the assumption that it isn’t RF but some other cause?

Bob/AA6VB

Bill Somerville

On 16/06/2021 23:44, Bob Chortek wrote:
Good Day,

If I operate my 7610 with the SPE 1.5 K- FA amplifier I get a message which says “An error opening sound input device has occurred“.

If run the rig barefoot at say 10 W, it operates fine and no error message appears.

I’m guessing possible RF and so I’ll add some fair rates to the USB cable.

Can someone please explain what the error message means and possible solutions, on the assumption that it isn’t RF but some other cause?

Bob/AA6VB
Hi Bob,

the message means that the audio stream that WSJT-X is listening on has gone away, a likely cause is that the USB connection to your rig has been disrupted by RFI and reset itself. Most users with such configurations are running CAT control over the same USB cable, they would also find CAT control disrupted.

Alan G4ZFQ

Bob

Can someone please explain what the error message means and possible solutions, on the assumption that it isn’t RF but some other cause?
The error message seems to say there is a problem opening the sound device.
I can think of no way, (assuming amplifier on/off is repeatable) that it is anything other than RF in the shack upsetting operation of the computer.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Bob Chortek

Edited

Thanks for the replies.

Ferrites added to the USB cable solved the problem.

Much appreciated!

73

Bob/AA6VB