locked WSJTX will not show activity #WSJTX_config #band #NewUser

wisconsinjimmy

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, I can transmit OK at least I think I am as I see my radio Yaesu FT991A key up also I was under the impression the transmit is only 15 sec mine is 60 sec.
My water fall seems to be OK but where my problem is in the BAND ACTIVITY window as I show no receive. I have racked my brain, devoured the manual and watched a bunch of You Tube. What am I missing?

Jim Bacher - WB8VSU

When the waterfall shows activity and there is no decodes, it means your omputers time is not accurate enough. Go to https://time.is and check your time.

Instruction suggest to install Meinberg ntp, or one of the other ntp programs.

Jim Bacher, WB8VSU
wb8vsu@...
On Jun 16, 2021, at 1:19 PM, wisconsinjimmy <algot1901@...> wrote:

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, I can transmit OK at least I think I am as I see my radio Yaesu FT991A key up also I was under the impression the transmit is only 15 sec mine is 60 sec.
My water fall seems to be OK but where my problem is in the BAND ACTIVITY window as I show no receive. I have racked my brain, devoured the manual and watched a bunch of You Tube. What am I missing?

Gary - AG0N

On Jun 16, 2021, at 11:44 AM, Jim Bacher - WB8VSU <wb8vsu@...> wrote:

Instruction suggest to install Meinberg ntp, or one of the other ntp programs.

I believe he also said he was transmitting 60 second periods, so he is also on the wrong mode or sequence timing.

Gary - AG0N

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-06-16 11:35 AM, wisconsinjimmy wrote:

I was under the impression the transmit is only 15 sec mine is 60 sec.
What mode is selected? Some modes are 15 seconds, some are 30, some
are 60, there are even modes that will transmit for 5 minutes (300
seconds).

My water fall seems to be OK but where my problem is in the BAND
ACTIVITY window as I show no receive.
If you see activity on the waterfall but nothing is decoded in
BAND ACTIVITY, either your computer clock is too far out of spec
(generally more than +/- 2 seconds) or you have not selected the
correct mode for the frequency being monitored. The former is the
most common issue but given your comment that you are transmitting
for one minute, the latter may be your problem.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-16 11:35 AM, wisconsinjimmy wrote:
I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, I can transmit OK at least I think I am as I see my radio Yaesu FT991A key up also I was under the impression the transmit is only 15 sec mine is 60 sec.
My water fall seems to be OK but where my problem is in the BAND ACTIVITY window as I show no receive. I have racked my brain, devoured the manual and watched a bunch of You Tube. What am I missing?

Dave Garber

sound like you are not in ft8 or ft4 mode.    check mode tab

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE