#Cat_RigControl #Cat_RigControl

wisconsinjimmy <algot1901@...>

Well here I go again trying to figure out what this means, I am thinking it has to do with the ports  now to redo the whole settings and try and get a green cat button. Is this telling me I have a problem with the port?

Karl Beckman WA8NVW - AFA5VB

This error message is common when you have RF getting into the USB port of your computer.  No changes need to be made.  If you simply click the Retry button the software will 'ping' the radio using your current CAT settings.  You aren't transmitting at that point so no RF to contend with.  If the error appears often, you need to filter the USB cable using snap-on ferrite cores.
--
Karl  WA8NVW  OH
WA8NVW@...

Bill Somerville

On 12/06/2021 22:42, wisconsinjimmy wrote:
Well here I go again trying to figure out what this means, I am thinking it has to do with the ports  now to redo the whole settings and try and get a green cat button. Is this telling me I have a problem with the port?
OM,

what rig are you using? How is it connected to your PC for audio, PTT and CAT control? What settings do you have on the "Settings->Radio" panel?

Peter WR8Z

WR8Z, IC-7300, G5RV, Win 10

I purchased and installed a Sabrent Hub USB 3.0 model HB-B7C3 and all my rig control problems disappeared.

Also I paused Windows updates until after field day.

Regards, Peter