locked Where to delete previously worked station data #ContestMode #logging #FT8

Joe Barkley

Hi all I am trying to eliminate stations from being grayed out  in the decode window during the contest which I assume comes from the station's I have previously worked. It would be nice to lose that data during the contest but then retrieve it afterwards. I have been trying by renaming the log but that doesn't seem to do it. Any ideas? Didn't think of this prior to the contest starting but thanks for any information. 73 Joe KI4TZ running 2.3.1

Brian Stucker

Super fast and dirty way:

Start WSJT with “-r contest” or whatever else is meaningful to you after that -r so WSJT spawns a fresh setup for another rig.

You’ll get a fresh configuration. When you’re all done and logged, nuke the config from orbit until the next contest.

73,
Brian - KB2S

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 1:00 PM Joe Barkley <joembarkley@...> wrote:
Hi all I am trying to eliminate stations from being grayed out  in the decode window during the contest which I assume comes from the station's I have previously worked. It would be nice to lose that data during the contest but then retrieve it afterwards. I have been trying by renaming the log but that doesn't seem to do it. Any ideas? Didn't think of this prior to the contest starting but thanks for any information. 73 Joe KI4TZ running 2.3.1

Joe Barkley

Okay I think I figured it out.

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021, 4:00 PM Joe Barkley via groups.io <joembarkley=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all I am trying to eliminate stations from being grayed out  in the decode window during the contest which I assume comes from the station's I have previously worked. It would be nice to lose that data during the contest but then retrieve it afterwards. I have been trying by renaming the log but that doesn't seem to do it. Any ideas? Didn't think of this prior to the contest starting but thanks for any information. 73 Joe KI4TZ running 2.3.1

Joe Barkley

I'm using n3fjp and jt alert.. I just had to make a new log and restart everything else seems to be well

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021, 4:00 PM Joe Barkley via groups.io <joembarkley=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all I am trying to eliminate stations from being grayed out  in the decode window during the contest which I assume comes from the station's I have previously worked. It would be nice to lose that data during the contest but then retrieve it afterwards. I have been trying by renaming the log but that doesn't seem to do it. Any ideas? Didn't think of this prior to the contest starting but thanks for any information. 73 Joe KI4TZ running 2.3.1

Jim Brown

On 6/12/2021 12:54 PM, Joe Barkley wrote:
Hi all I am trying to eliminate stations from being grayed out  in the decode window during the contest which I assume comes from the station's I have previously worked. It would be nice to lose that data during the contest but then retrieve it afterwards. I have been trying by renaming the log but that doesn't seem to do it. Any ideas?
Use a Contest Logger, like N1MM (free) or WriteLog (not free). An important thing that they do is keep track of dupes.

73, Jim K9YC

Bob Turner

I don't see that functionality when N1MM launches WSJTx. I am running WSJTx from inside N1MM. N1MM knows about the WSJTx contacts but the reverse is not true. I do a File Open log directory and erase WSJTx logs there. Once the WSJTx logs are erased everything is new. It's still possible to get a dup if you worked them on phone and logged directly to N1MM as WSJTx does not know about N1MM contacts, it only knows the contacts it made.

7 3 Bob
N2SCJ

On 6/12/2021 12:54 PM, Joe Barkley wrote:
Hi all I am trying to eliminate stations from being grayed out  in the
decode window during the contest which I assume comes from the
station's I have previously worked. It would be nice to lose that data
during the contest but then retrieve it afterwards. I have been trying
by renaming the log but that doesn't seem to do it. Any ideas?
Use a Contest Logger, like N1MM (free) or WriteLog (not free). An important thing that they do is keep track of dupes.

73, Jim K9YC

ve3ki

Do you have N1MM+'s WSJT Decode List window open? That window transfers dupe and multiplier information from N1MM+ back to WSJT-X. The dupe/multiplier status is indicated by the background color for the callsign only (not for the entire line) in CQ lines in the WSJT-X Band Activity window. A background color of red behind the callsign means a new multiplier, a background color of blue behind the callsign means a new QSO but not a dupe, and a background color of grey behind the callsign means the contact is a dupe. N1MM+ evaluates dupe/multiplier status for all contacts in the current contest log, regardless of mode, so stations you have worked in other modes on the same band have a grey background. The same information is also displayed directly in the N1MM+ Decode List window.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 09:32 PM, Bob Turner wrote:
[...]

Last I looked, there was a "Getting Started" doc on the N1MM+ website for use with WSJT-X.

73, Jim K9YC