Version 2.4.0 ate my adi file #logging #IssueReport

Julian Topolski

I use Grid tracker to see if I worked an area on the map it provides. Last couple of days I noticed the amount of stations worked got smaller when looking at the map. Sure enough, I looked at the adi file and there were only contacts in June listed. I had started the log files on January 1st 2021.What happened to all the contacts for2021? Anyone else experience this? I have not had any problems with this and other versions of WSJT-X until now.

Bill Somerville

On 10/06/2021 01:39, Julian Topolski wrote:
I use Grid tracker to see if I worked an area on the map it provides. Last couple of days I noticed the amount of stations worked got smaller when looking at the map. Sure enough, I looked at the adi file and there were only contacts in June listed. I had started the log files on January 1st 2021.What happened to all the contacts for2021? Anyone else experience this? I have not had any problems with this and other versions of WSJT-X until now.
Hi Julian,

we have had no other reports of truncated WSJT-X ADIF log files, also there is nothing in WSJT-X that could do that other than the menu option to clear the ADIF log file, could you have accidentally clicked that option, and conformed the action?

Julian Topolski

Don't know if I did anything to cause the deletion but is there an app to convert the wsjtx.log file into an adi file? Manually would be really tedious. BTW I also log on paper just in case something like this happens. I then scan the paper log into the PC as a jpg file. Thanks for the reply.

73 Julian KR5J

Paul Turner

Hi Julian,

I think I can persuade my homebrew logging software to convert a wsjtx.log file into an adi file. I use the wsjtx.log file to import all my FT8 contacts into an SQLite database. From there, I can export the entire log as an ADIF file. A little tinkering with file locations and it should work. If you email me (paul@...) your wsjtx.log file I’ll have a go.

73, Paul G4IJE.

Don't know if I did anything to cause the deletion but is there an app to convert the wsjtx.log file into an adi file? Manually would be really tedious. BTW I also log on paper just in case something like this happens. I then scan the paper log into the PC as a jpg file. Thanks for the reply.

73 Julian KR5J

Julian Topolski

OK Paul I will email it to you.

73, Julian KR5J

Panos

Hi, wsjtx_log file is already an adif file 73

Dave Garber

so is wsjt log getting smaller, or is Gridtracker log getting smaller

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 1:30 AM Julian Topolski <jjt99@...> wrote:
I use Grid tracker to see if I worked an area on the map it provides. Last couple of days I noticed the amount of stations worked got smaller when looking at the map. Sure enough, I looked at the adi file and there were only contacts in June listed. I had started the log files on January 1st 2021.What happened to all the contacts for2021? Anyone else experience this? I have not had any problems with this and other versions of WSJT-X until now.

Julian Topolski

Log recovered with the help of Paul, G4IJE. Thanks to all who responded.