WSJT-X and N1MM and GridTracker-can they all work together? #N1MMlogger

Arthur Tanner

This three-some would make a great display for Field Day, but N1MM and GridTracker seem to share the same ports, and although I get N1MM working well with WSJT-X, I  can't seem to add GridTracker.   Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks.

Bill Somerville

On 07/06/2021 15:43, Arthur Tanner via groups.io wrote:
This three-some would make a great display for Field Day, but N1MM and GridTracker seem to share the same ports, and although I get N1MM working well with WSJT-X, I  can't seem to add GridTracker.   Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks.
Hi Arther,

unless N1MM supports multicast IP when serving data from WSJT-X you will not be able to interoperate with those applications with some sort lash-up relaying UDP traffic to N1MM (and that will be one-way only).

Bill
G4WJS.

Dave / NR1DX <manuals@...>

Art
contact me off list
Dave
NR1DX
manuals@artekmanuals.com

On 6/7/2021 10:43 AM, Arthur Tanner via groups.io wrote:
This three-some would make a great display for Field Day, but N1MM and GridTracker seem to share the same ports, and although I get N1MM working well with WSJT-X, I  can't seem to add GridTracker. Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks.

--
Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Sam Birnbaum

You have to set all three to use Multicast.

See Section 4.5  "Reporting"

Sam W2JDB

-----Original Message-----
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jun 7, 2021 10:43 am
Subject: [WSJTX] WSJT-X and N1MM and GridTracker-can they all work together? #N1MMlogger

Brian Stucker

I've done it before. If memory serves me correctly, I either went from WSJT to GridTracker, and had GridTracker relay to N1MM for logging or utilized the secondary UDP server port for GridTracker and hooked up N1MM direct to WSJT.

It's doable.

Brian - KB2S

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 07/06/2021 15:43, Arthur Tanner via groups.io wrote:
> This three-some would make a great display for Field Day, but N1MM and
> GridTracker seem to share the same ports, and although I get N1MM
> working well with WSJT-X, I  can't seem to add GridTracker.   Does
> anyone have a solution?  Thanks.

Hi Arther,

unless N1MM supports multicast IP when serving data from WSJT-X you will
not be able to interoperate with those applications with some sort
lash-up relaying UDP traffic to N1MM (and that will be one-way only).

Bill
G4WJS.

Rick Ellison

N1MM does not support multicasting. I have had very little time for programming and it is on the list when do get time.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sam Birnbaum via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 1:30 PM
To: aseatanner@...; main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-X and N1MM and GridTracker-can they all work together? #N1MMlogger

You have to set all three to use Multicast.

See Section 4.5  "Reporting"

Sam W2JDB

-----Original Message-----
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jun 7, 2021 10:43 am
Subject: [WSJTX] WSJT-X and N1MM and GridTracker-can they all work together? #N1MMlogger

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Gerrit

Hello Arthur,

Maybe you can use LBP2 software, with this program multiple programs can share 1 port.

I dont work with it so you have to read the manual.

LP-Bridge (telepostinc.com)

73’s

Gerrit – PA3DJY

Van: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] Namens Arthur Tanner via groups.io
Verzonden: maandag 7 juni 2021 16:43
Aan: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Onderwerp: [WSJTX] WSJT-X and N1MM and GridTracker-can they all work together? #N1MMlogger

John

Or you could try "com-0-com".

John
VE7KKQ

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 2:13 AM Gerrit via groups.io <hf-sparks=quicknet.nl@groups.io> wrote:

Hello Arthur,

Maybe you can use LBP2 software, with this program multiple programs can share 1 port.

I dont work with it so you have to read the manual.

LP-Bridge (telepostinc.com)

73’s

Gerrit – PA3DJY

Van: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] Namens Arthur Tanner via groups.io
Verzonden: maandag 7 juni 2021 16:43
Aan: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Onderwerp: [WSJTX] WSJT-X and N1MM and GridTracker-can they all work together? #N1MMlogger