WSJT-X and N1MM and GridTracker-can they all work together? #N1MMlogger

Arthur Tanner

This three-some would make a great display for Field Day, but N1MM and GridTracker seem to share the same ports, and although I get N1MM working well with WSJT-X, I  can't seem to add GridTracker.   Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks.

Bill Somerville

On 07/06/2021 15:43, Arthur Tanner via groups.io wrote:
This three-some would make a great display for Field Day, but N1MM and GridTracker seem to share the same ports, and although I get N1MM working well with WSJT-X, I  can't seem to add GridTracker.   Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks.
Hi Arther,

unless N1MM supports multicast IP when serving data from WSJT-X you will not be able to interoperate with those applications with some sort lash-up relaying UDP traffic to N1MM (and that will be one-way only).

Dave / NR1DX <manuals@...>

Art
contact me off list
Dave
NR1DX
manuals@artekmanuals.com

--
Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com

Sam Birnbaum

You have to set all three to use Multicast.

See Section 4.5  "Reporting"

73,

Sam W2JDB

This three-some would make a great display for Field Day, but N1MM and GridTracker seem to share the same ports, and although I get N1MM working well with WSJT-X, I  can't seem to add GridTracker.   Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks.

Brian Stucker

I've done it before. If memory serves me correctly, I either went from WSJT to GridTracker, and had GridTracker relay to N1MM for logging or utilized the secondary UDP server port for GridTracker and hooked up N1MM direct to WSJT.

It's doable.

73,
Brian - KB2S

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 07/06/2021 15:43, Arthur Tanner via groups.io wrote:
> This three-some would make a great display for Field Day, but N1MM and
> GridTracker seem to share the same ports, and although I get N1MM
> working well with WSJT-X, I  can't seem to add GridTracker.   Does
> anyone have a solution?  Thanks.

Hi Arther,

unless N1MM supports multicast IP when serving data from WSJT-X you will
not be able to interoperate with those applications with some sort
lash-up relaying UDP traffic to N1MM (and that will be one-way only).

Rick Ellison

N1MM does not support multicasting. I have had very little time for programming and it is on the list when do get time.

73 Rick N2AMG