2.5.0 RC1 #install

Carlos

Hi,
If I install the new v2.5.0-rc1 and (in case) it does not run, how can I go back to 2.4.0 ??
have: raspi 4B; raspbios buster 2021
Thanks for answer !
73, Karl OE3JAG

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Just install the previous version over the top of the new one. No need to Uninstaller.
73, N0AN

Hasan

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021, 7:08 PM Carlos <dentrix@...> wrote:
Hi,
If I install the new v2.5.0-rc1 and (in case) it does not run, how can I go back to 2.4.0 ??
have: raspi 4B; raspbios buster 2021
Thanks for answer !
73, Karl OE3JAG

neil_zampella

You can install the RC version to a separate directory, it will use the same log and .INI file as the current GA version.

However, its an open BETA.  If you use it you are requested to report any issues you may find to the development email list.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 6/5/2021 9:34 PM, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
Just install the previous version over the top of the new one. No need to Uninstaller.
73, N0AN

Hasan

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021, 7:08 PM Carlos <dentrix@...> wrote:
Hi,
If I install the new v2.5.0-rc1 and (in case) it does not run, how can I go back to 2.4.0 ??
have: raspi 4B; raspbios buster 2021
Thanks for answer !
73, Karl OE3JAG

neil_zampella

I just noticed the OS you're using.    You should still be able to install to a designated directory since you're building the RC version locally.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 6/6/2021 12:06 AM, Neil Zampella wrote:

You can install the RC version to a separate directory, it will use the same log and .INI file as the current GA version.

However, its an open BETA.  If you use it you are requested to report any issues you may find to the development email list.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 6/5/2021 9:34 PM, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
Just install the previous version over the top of the new one. No need to Uninstaller.
73, N0AN

Hasan

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021, 7:08 PM Carlos <dentrix@...> wrote:
Hi,
If I install the new v2.5.0-rc1 and (in case) it does not run, how can I go back to 2.4.0 ??
have: raspi 4B; raspbios buster 2021
Thanks for answer !
73, Karl OE3JAG

Carlos

TU, Hasan !
I'll try today also !
73 Karl
Am 06.06.21, 04:34 schrieb Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...>:

Just install the previous version over the top of the new one. No need to Uninstaller.
73, N0AN

Hasan

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021, 7:08 PM Carlos <dentrix@...> wrote:
Hi,
If I install the new v2.5.0-rc1 and (in case) it does not run, how can I go back to 2.4.0 ??
have: raspi 4B; raspbios buster 2021
Thanks for answer !
73, Karl OE3JAG

Bill Somerville

On 05/06/2021 17:41, Carlos wrote:
Hi,
If I install the new v2.5.0-rc1 and (in case) it does not run, how can I go back to 2.4.0 ??
have: raspi 4B; raspbios buster 2021
Thanks for answer !
73, Karl OE3JAG

Hi Carl,

instructions for installing and uninstalling Debian packages are included in the WSJT-X User Guide:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0-rc1_en.html#INSTALL_LINUX

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Sorry, did not notice Linux,follow Bill's instructions.
73, N0AN

Hasan

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021, 3:13 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 05/06/2021 17:41, Carlos wrote:
Hi,
If I install the new v2.5.0-rc1 and (in case) it does not run, how can I go back to 2.4.0 ??
have: raspi 4B; raspbios buster 2021
Thanks for answer !
73, Karl OE3JAG

Hi Carl,

instructions for installing and uninstalling Debian packages are included in the WSJT-X User Guide:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0-rc1_en.html#INSTALL_LINUX

Carlos

Thanks Bill !
73, Karl