Issue with "Enable TX" button #transmit

Rick Wysocki

I am running Win 10 on a Samsung Flexbook. I installed the latest version of WSJT-X (2.4) and "Test CAT" and "PTT Test" both work for my IC-705. The issue is that when I hit the "Enable TX" button it flashes red briefly but will not stay red. The radio works properly when connected to WSJT-X on another laptop so I believe it's either the Flexbook Win 10 installation or the WSJT-X install on it. Any suggestions on resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Rick, K1JOP

Bill Somerville

On 01/06/2021 20:46, Rick Wysocki wrote:
I am running Win 10 on a Samsung Flexbook. I installed the latest version of WSJT-X (2.4) and "Test CAT" and "PTT Test" both work for my IC-705. The issue is that when I hit the "Enable TX" button it flashes red briefly but will not stay red. The radio works properly when connected to WSJT-X on another laptop so I believe it's either the Flexbook Win 10 installation or the WSJT-X install on it. Any suggestions on resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Rick, K1JOP
Hi Rick,

have you entered your callsign and gridsquare into "Settings->General? WSJT-X will not send a blank message, which message are you trying to send?

Jim Preston N6VH

On 6/1/2021 12:46 PM, Rick Wysocki wrote:
I am running Win 10 on a Samsung Flexbook. I installed the latest version of WSJT-X (2.4) and "Test CAT" and "PTT Test" both work for my IC-705. The issue is that when I hit the "Enable TX" button it flashes red briefly but will not stay red. The radio works properly when connected to WSJT-X on another laptop so I believe it's either the Flexbook Win 10 installation or the WSJT-X install on it. Any suggestions on resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Rick, K1JOP
Rick,

In the "Generate Standard Messages" tab, do you have one of the "TX " boxes selected that is empty (see attached). If so, that, could cause the problem. Since you said it works you use a different computer, it might be something else. Doesn't hurt to check, however.

73,

Jim N6VH