Issue with "Enable TX" button #transmit

Rick Wysocki

I am running Win 10 on a Samsung Flexbook. I installed the latest version of WSJT-X (2.4) and "Test CAT" and "PTT Test" both work for my IC-705. The issue is that when I hit the "Enable TX" button it flashes red briefly but will not stay red. The radio works properly when connected to WSJT-X on another laptop so I believe it's either the Flexbook Win 10 installation or the WSJT-X install on it. Any suggestions on resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Rick, K1JOP

Bill Somerville

On 01/06/2021 20:46, Rick Wysocki wrote:
I am running Win 10 on a Samsung Flexbook. I installed the latest version of WSJT-X (2.4) and "Test CAT" and "PTT Test" both work for my IC-705. The issue is that when I hit the "Enable TX" button it flashes red briefly but will not stay red. The radio works properly when connected to WSJT-X on another laptop so I believe it's either the Flexbook Win 10 installation or the WSJT-X install on it. Any suggestions on resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Rick, K1JOP
Hi Rick,

have you entered your callsign and gridsquare into "Settings->General? WSJT-X will not send a blank message, which message are you trying to send?

Bill
G4WJS.

Jim Preston N6VH

On 6/1/2021 12:46 PM, Rick Wysocki wrote:
Rick,

In the "Generate Standard Messages" tab, do you have one of the "TX " boxes selected that is empty (see attached). If so, that, could cause the problem. Since you said it works you use a different computer, it might be something else. Doesn't hurt to check, however.

Jim N6VH