locked Documentation for format of .ini file #general

Kenneth Williams

Where do I find the documentation for the format of the rig specific .ini file (like WSJT-X - xxx.ini)?
I looked through the User Guide but it was not coming to me.

If possible, please point me to the documentation instead of describing the format here so that I can better understand how to navigate the available docs.

Thanks

Ken
KC6PUQ

Bill Somerville

On 30/05/2021 21:12, Kenneth Williams wrote:
Where do I find the documentation for the format of the rig specific .ini file (like WSJT-X - xxx.ini)?
I looked through the User Guide but it was not coming to me.

If possible, please point me to the documentation instead of describing the format here so that I can better understand how to navigate the available docs.

Thanks

Ken
KC6PUQ
Hi Ken,

other than generally being the standard .INI format used widely on MS WIndows, the value formats are internal and should not be of interest since they are all readable and in most cases settable using the WSJT-X application. The actual value formats are defined by the Qt Framework we use for system and cross-platform abstractions.

Perhaps I can help more if you can be more specific why you need to understand these internal values?

Kenneth Williams

My interest centers around starting wsjt-x with the --rig-name option.
I am primarily interested in those settings which affect the rig configuration during startup and any nuances or subtleties in the usage of these setting.
I saw something about this mentioned in an earlier posting but the usage was unclear to me.

With respect to my ability to understand technical details, I am pretty technically literate and I am able to bit-streams, byte-streams, packet formats, etc., including the command set for my rig (TS-570) so feel free to comment with the minimum necessary level of detail .

Ken
KC6PUQ

Bill Somerville

On 30/05/2021 22:00, Kenneth Williams wrote:
My interest centers around starting wsjt-x with the --rig-name option.
I am primarily interested in those settings which affect the rig configuration during startup and any nuances or subtleties in the usage of these setting.
I saw something about this mentioned in an earlier posting but the usage was unclear to me.

With respect to my ability to understand technical details, I am pretty technically literate and I am able to bit-streams, byte-streams, packet formats, etc., including the command set for my rig (TS-570) so feel free to comment with the minimum necessary level of detail .

Ken
KC6PUQ
Hi Ken,

starting WSJT-X with a unique --rig-name= argument will cause it to create an use a unique settings file and log files directory, each instance is completely isolated. There are no nuances or subtleties.