locked Audio problems #signalink

Mike Scheidt

My WSJT-X had been working fine with my Yaesu FTdx-5000 for close to a year with hundreds of QSOs.  I also use a SignaLink USB interface. I was using a version prior to ver 2.4 when my problems started a week ago.  None of my rig menu settings nor my WSJT configuration setting have been changed.  Trying to get things working again, I installed ver 2.4.  My WSJT FT-8 continued to not work normally.  i also use Dimension 4 as a time standard for my PC and the time is updated.  My problems are not on receiving FT-8, I can receive FT-8 fine.  Problems are as follows:  Auto synch is checked, but nothing sequences automatically any longer. I can transmit if I manually always select the enable button, but after every transmission, the enable red button on WSJT automatically selects itself off.  I'd also add, that 100% of the time if I select TUNE on WSJT, I do get RF out as I should.  Finally here's a typical behavior:  If I initiate a CQ by selecting the appropriate MACRO and selecting the enable button, after the CQ is sent one time, the transmission ends (as it should) and the red enable button  extinguishes and I receive a Configuration alert.  When checking the details of the Configuration alert I see the following:

Hamlib: Target VFO unaccessible
newcat c(1163): newcat_get-ptt return(0)
newcat_set freq: pttstill on....retry#0

I am stumped   I would welcome input.  Thanks in advance.
rig c(1769)rig-set freq return (12) whilesetting frequency

Roger

On 30/05/2021 02:33, Mike Scheidt wrote:
[...]
That sounds as if it might be RFI on the USB. Could you try doing the same test with either a dummy load or the power turned down to minimum or both and report back?

73
Roger
GW4HZA

Mike Scheidt

Thanks Roger, I had previously tried both.Lowered RF Power to minimum on the 5000 which is 5 watts.  Also had tried the dummy load.  Just tried both again, no luck.