locked Rapidly Switching VFO's v 2.4 #IssueReport

Bill M

I have an Icom IC-7800/PW-1 and a Navigator. Latest version of Win 10. I have never had an issue with any versions over many years(14?). I downloaded 2.4. I used it for a while after the download and no apparent issues. Finally seeing the 3A on the bands I was chasing it. I switched to F/H mode and set the frequency to 7070. Suddenly the VFO's began switching back and forth rapidly  A-B-A-B-A-B etc. I was in receive...I tried changing bands...and various other buttons. I finally just shut the rig and amplifier down.

I turned the 7800 back on alone and tried again. It worked for a bit but again changing from 7074 to 7070 it started again,,,nothing stopped it. I shut the WSJT-x down and it stopped. I am using JTAlert latest version as well.So I started it all up, changed the dial and it began. This time I shut the JTAlert down...and it kept switching. And again it stopped when I shut down WSJT-x. So after downloading version 2.4 for a second time and trying that, it still switched. So I searched high and low for version 2.3.1 with no luck, but I still had it in my downloads and loaded it...No Problem and all is normal. So if it is a bug or something defaulted with the new version, and problem is in my settings...I am fine with 2.3 for now.
Bill W2CQ

Bill Somerville

On 28/05/2021 14:21, Bill M wrote:
[...]

first off before I address your issues with WSJT-X v2.4.0, I hope you are not using a PW-1 connected to the same CI-V connection as a PC.

Bill M

No ideas from anyone?

Bill Somerville

On 29/05/2021 14:54, Bill M wrote:
No ideas from anyone?
Bill,

awaiting your comments about your PW-1 connection first?

Jim Brown

On 5/29/2021 6:54 AM, Bill M wrote:
No ideas from anyone?
On what?

73, Jim K9YC

Bill M

Bill,
I just saw your note.The responses get lost sometimes in the voluminous email text.

There is no CI-v connection to the PW-1. Just the one cable The Navigator is connected the the ACC on the 7800. I do no use rig control and HRD is used for logging only. No other changes have been made in the several years it has been working. The only change was downloading and using 2.4.

When going to FT4 and then back to FT8 then moving the dial from 070 to 074 it begins to oscillate by itself. Meaning the VFO's began going on and off the the other going on. After switching back to 2.3(not 2.3.1) it has stopped.

I hope this gives some ideas as to the area it might be affecting.

On 30/05/2021 13:18, Bill M wrote:
Bill,
I just saw your note.The responses get lost sometimes in the voluminous email text.

There is no CI-v connection to the PW-1. Just the one cable The Navigator is connected the the ACC on the 7800. I do no use rig control and HRD is used for logging only. No other changes have been made in the several years it has been working. The only change was downloading and using 2.4.

When going to FT4 and then back to FT8 then moving the dial from 070 to 074 it begins to oscillate by itself. Meaning the VFO's began going on and off the the other going on. After switching back to 2.3(not 2.3.1) it has stopped.

I hope this gives some ideas as to the area it might be affecting.
Bill
Bill,

I don't really understand your setup, you state "I do no use rig control and HRD is used for logging only." So is WSJT-X is not using CAT control I don;t see how it can be part of your problem?

Don Melcher

And I didn’t know you could run a PW-1 and get auto band changing WITHOUT a CI-V cable to the radio.
--
Don
W6CZ/W6ZB

Bill Somerville

On 30/05/2021 13:18, Bill M wrote:
Bill,
I just saw your note.The responses get lost sometimes in the voluminous email text.

There is no CI-v connection to the PW-1. Just the one cable The Navigator is connected the the ACC on the 7800. I do no use rig control and HRD is used for logging only. No other changes have been made in the several years it has been working. The only change was downloading and using 2.4.

When going to FT4 and then back to FT8 then moving the dial from 070 to 074 it begins to oscillate by itself. Meaning the VFO's began going on and off the the other going on. After switching back to 2.3(not 2.3.1) it has stopped.

I hope this gives some ideas as to the area it might be affecting.
Bill
Bill,

please don't alternate replies to the list with direct replies, I cannot answer your direct replies because AT&T block mail to you from my mail server.

Bill M

It isn't auto band changing the VFO's A & B go back and forth rapidly...

Bill M

I wouldn't have known that and intended not to waste others time and spectrum.
Thank you for that information...
Bill