locked Import Hamlib #Cat_RigControl

Bobby Chandler

I see in the release notes for 2.4.0GA that different version of Hamlib
can be imported.
How?

Bobby/N4AU

Bill Somerville

On 28/05/2021 13:59, Bobby Chandler wrote:
I see in the release notes for 2.4.0GA that different version of Hamlib
can be imported.
How?

Bobby/N4AU
Hi Bobby,

WSJT-X v2.4.0 on MS Windows now uses a DLL version of Hamlib, this should allow upgrades to Hamlib by substituting that DLL. Note that until recently the way the Hamlib library exported its interface was not appropriate for such substitutions, since those issues are largely resolved as of Hamlib v4.2 we are now able to ship with a DLL version of Hamlib. This should not be considered as a normal user option as there are some complex caveats, but users with specific issues with Hamlib may be able to resolve them by installing an updated Hamlib. Doing this leaves you virtually on your own with CAT issue support from the WSJT team as we cannot support many versions of Hamlib with each WSJT-X release.

Peter Eckersberger

Hello,

I'm using both "WSJT-X" and "JTDX" together with "Logger32". Great combo. But when switching on the computer and starting one of these 2 programs I'm running into troubles. A few seconds after starting either WSJT-X or JTDX the program gets stuck by loosing control over my IC-7300 and indicating an hamlib error. I've to switch off all currently running programs and start again with a
computer restart. This happens when ever the computer is switched off for a while. Maybe the new "hamlib" can be of any help. Therefore ...

In which directory/folder has the new "hamlib-w64-4.2.exe" to be installed? TIA!

73 de Peter, OE3EPW

Am 29.05.2021 um 14:14 schrieb Bill Somerville:

[...]

Hi Peter,

how about telling us the error message you are getting, including details please?

On 29/05/2021 17:58, Peter Eckersberger wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bill,
No problem with my Kenwood, but several friends with Icoms are having hamlib
problems. Just trying to help them.

Bobby/N4AU

Bob

After upgrading to WJSTx2.4.0, I am getting a HAMLIB error on PTT now.  Worked OK with 2.3.1 and 2.4.0-rc4.  No settings changed.  W10/64 up to date, Ryzen 7 PC, Flex 1500 running Power SDR 2.7.2. I have 3 identical stations on 2m, 222 and 432 for terrestrial and EME.  2m and 432 still at 2.3.1 and with the upcoming VHF contest, I don't want to mess with them unless I can fix it on this 222 station, other than going back to 2.3.1.  I run VAC and VSP mgr.
In 2.4.0, I get green TestCAT but Red TestPTT and HAMLIB error shown below and TestCAT turns Red.  Click TestCAT again and it will return to green but PTT again will produce the error.  I saw one note on this thread where someone suggested changing radio setting in WSJTx to USB.  I must have Flex in DIGU to use VAC.  I did try with USB.  No error but also no PTT.  Any help appreciated.  I would be OK for the upcoming contest using 2.3.1 but eventually want to get 2.4.0 going to have access to Q65 for EME as I have seen a number of stations using it already.  I also saw some chatter about hamlib now as a DLL file and I see that in the 2.4.0 install directory but don't know if it actually works from there.  I don't know where it should go if it would be of help.  Thanks and 73, Bob

Bill Somerville

On 30/05/2021 22:19, Bob wrote:
[...]
Hi Bob,

are you using the PowerSDR CAT driver in WSJT-X?

Bob

Bill, I'm not sure what you mean about that driver.  I am identifying the radio as TS-2000 both in Power SDR and WSJTx settings.  I did try FlexRadio/PowerSDR ANAN/Thetis choice in JTx but that won't even CAT, RED TestCAT and HamLib error there.  Is there some other driver I'm not familiar with?  The other two stations and this one on 222 all work fine in 2.3.1 with the TS-2000 chosen and if there is another driver, it must be the same but I don't know about it. Thanks for the quick response.  Bob

Bill Somerville

On 30/05/2021 23:36, Bob wrote:
Bill, I'm not sure what you mean about that driver.  I am identifying the radio as TS-2000 both in Power SDR and WSJTx settings.  I did try FlexRadio/PowerSDR ANAN/Thetis choice in JTx but that won't even CAT, RED TestCAT and HamLib error there.  Is there some other driver I'm not familiar with?  The other two stations and this one on 222 all work fine in 2.3.1 with the TS-2000 chosen and if there is another driver, it must be the same but I don't know about it. Thanks for the quick response.  Bob
Hi Bob,

yes I mean the PowerSDR/Thetis rig selction in WSJT-X "Settings->Radio->Rig". What is the error message, including details, when you use that?

Bob

Bill, finally got out to the shack today to check on this.  Thanks for your help so far.

So I changed the radio tab in Power SDR CAT ID to "Power SDR" where it had been TS-2000.  then I brought up JTx and both CAT and PTT were working normal.  Then I changed the radio tab in JTx to "FlexRadio/ANAN Power SDR/Thetis".  First time doing TestCAT I get the HamLib Error (174255) pasted below.  Then TestCAT turned Green and TestPTT will work one cycle (on/off) and then turn Red with the same HL error.  Then HamLIb Error box comes up to 'Reconfigure Radio'.  If I change radio tab in JTx back to TX-2000, things work OK again.

I then went back to Power SDR, changed the radio tab back to TS-2000, changed the radio tab in JTx to 'FlexRadio/ANAN Power SDR/Thetis and on TestCAT, Immediately see the second HamLIb error (174253).  Continues to come back to Reconfigure Radio and no chance to testPTT.

Strange that this second error mentions 6xxx series but the 'driver' was marked Power SDR??!!

Anyway, it appears that I can run 2.4.0 all right by changing the radio tab in Power SDR to 'PowerSDR' and leaving the radio setting in JTx as TS-2000.  This doesn't make sense to me but I surely don't understand what HamLib is or does.  Maybe this indicates a bug or maybe not.  Well beyond my elementary programming skills or understanding.

Thanks again for your help and if you do figure out what is going on, I would be curious to know what it is/was.

73, Bob

rod@...

Hi, I'm running a TS2000 and I'm getting the same error message that bob posted in msg  #25374 (Command rejected by the rig) when I tried upgrading to WSJT-X v2.4.0   I can receive and decode with no problem, but the radio will not TX using my SignaLink with VOX as normal, or trying to use CAT control, or DTS/DTR.  Changing the mode or split operation settings also has no effect.

If I change frequency on the radio WSJT-X has a delay of a couple of seconds or so, before it catches up with the radio, this has always been instant in previous versions.

I also have a couple of other rigs, Yaesu & Icom which use VOX keying with no problems.

Dave Garber

just a maybe, but when I used my signalink, not keying was due to low audio, if you are not transmitting in the center of the band.  see if 'fake it' is on, recommended.

i did not use cat for ptt. cat was only for frequency/band selection

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 2:01 PM <rod@...> wrote:
Hi, I'm running a TS2000 and I'm getting the same error message that bob posted in msg  #25374 (Command rejected by the rig) when I tried upgrading to WSJT-X v2.4.0   I can receive and decode with no problem, but the radio will not TX using my SignaLink with VOX as normal, or trying to use CAT control, or DTS/DTR.  Changing the mode or split operation settings also has no effect.

If I change frequency on the radio WSJT-X has a delay of a couple of seconds or so, before it catches up with the radio, this has always been instant in previous versions.

I also have a couple of other rigs, Yaesu & Icom which use VOX keying with no problems.

Karl Beckman WA8NVW - NNV5BH

On the Kenwood TS-2000 when using a Signalink with built-in VOX to operate with WSJT-X software, you CANNOT use the CAT feature to provide PTT into the radio.  The software MUST be set to VOX, and the correct transceiver must be selected on the radio, either to HF+6 or 144/440 MHz.. If the wrong radio side is selected, the CAT test will fail (My TS2000 has the latest firmware update 1.12)

NOTE:  As I recall, version 2.4.0 GA uses a new release of HamLib and others have reported errors that were not caught in early testing.  If you still can't get transmit to work after changing the PTT method to VOX, reply back to this group for additional troubleshooting assistance.
--
Karl  WA8NVW  OH
WA8NVW@...