locked Toggle RRR/RR73 #EnhancementReqest

David AD4TJ

Please consider toggling ALT-R for switching from RRR to RR73 instead of 2 seperate keystroke actions. Thanks, David AD4TJ

Sam Birnbaum

Hi David,

The original request for the Alt+R and Ctrl+R was done for blind hams to be able to control that.
The problem for using Alt+R only as a toggle is  that a blind ham would not know the current state.
Using Alt+R is explicit for RR73 while the Ctrl+R is explicit for RRR.
A sighted ham ca also double click on the TX4  button there to switch between the two
while a blind ham using various screen readers had no ability to do that.

73,

Sam W2JDB

Please consider toggling ALT-R for switching from RRR to RR73 instead of 2 seperate keystroke actions. Thanks, David AD4TJ

Gary - AG0N

On May 28, 2021, at 05:39, David AD4TJ via groups.io <ad4tj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Please consider toggling ALT-R for switching from RRR to RR73 instead of 2 seperate keystroke actions.
I don’t know what keystrokes you speak of. Just double click it and it will toggle between the two settings. No keys involved.

Gary - AG0N

Jon Ermels

If I remember correctly, this software is open source. There are thousands of users that are happy with it.  Just re-write the code if you aren't happy with it.

73 de NØIGU Jon