Left mouse click to set Transmit Frequency #EnhancementReqest

Timothy Brannon

I notice that a single left-mouse click on the waterfall sets the Receive frequency (green marker) instead of the Transmit frequency.
In my operation, I use the Band Activity window to select the station to call instead of clicking the waterfall. I click on the waterfall to pick a clear Transmit frequency and avoid causing QRM, but this requires a Shift + Left Click.
To me, it would make more sense if a just single Left mouse click on the waterfall would set the Transmit frequency instead of the Receive frequency.
Could this be an option in Settings | Behavior?
73 de Tim, WA5MD in Dallas

Robert Lorenzini

You have my vote.

Bob - wd6dod

On 5/27/2021 5:54 AM, Timothy Brannon wrote:

I notice that a single left-mouse click on the waterfall sets the Receive frequency (green marker) instead of the Transmit frequency.
In my operation, I use the Band Activity window to select the station to call instead of clicking the waterfall. I click on the waterfall to pick a clear Transmit frequency and avoid causing QRM, but this requires a Shift + Left Click.
To me, it would make more sense if a just single Left mouse click on the waterfall would set the Transmit frequency instead of the Receive frequency.

Larry Banks

About a year ago I suggested that the right button be changed to move the TX frequency, and the left button remain as it is now, moving the RX frequency.  This would mean that the current right-left action that moves both would continue to do so, but allow separate movement of TX frequency.   I heard nothing about this suggestion back then.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2021 12:30
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Left mouse click to set Transmit Frequency #EnhancementReqest

You have my vote.

Bob - wd6dod

Carlos

You have my vote too and my support !
Left mouse RX
Right mouse TX
.... Easy, quick and self explaining !!!
73, Karl, OE3JAG
Am 27.05.21, 19:23 schrieb "Larry Banks via groups.io" <larryb.w1dyj@...>:

About a year ago I suggested that the right button be changed to move the TX frequency, and the left button remain as it is now, moving the RX frequency.  This would mean that the current right-left action that moves both would continue to do so, but allow separate movement of TX frequency.   I heard nothing about this suggestion back then.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Left mouse click to set Transmit Frequency #EnhancementReqest

You have my vote.

Bob - wd6dod

Ron / W4MMP

Hi,

Plus 1 for me also.  Help prevent QRM, I do move the TX cursor frequently particularly on 40M and below. 

Ron / W4MMP
On 5/27/2021 14:18, Carlos wrote:

Left mouse RX
Right mouse TX
73, Karl, OE3JAG

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

You have my vote.

Bob - wd6dod

careyfisher@...

I prefer it the way it is. I vote to NOT change it.

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 5:45 PM Ron / W4MMP via groups.io <w4mmp=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

Plus 1 for me also.  Help prevent QRM, I do move the TX cursor frequently particularly on 40M and below. 

Ron / W4MMP
Left mouse RX
Right mouse TX
73, Karl, OE3JAG

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

You have my vote.

Bob - wd6dod

--
Carey Fisher

--
73, Carey, WB4HXE

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-05-27 7:26 PM, careyfisher@gmail.com wrote:
I disagree. Using Control-Left-Click to set transmit
frequency is completely counter-intuitive. Using
Left-Click to set RX frequency and Right-Click to set
TX frequency makes complete sense *AND* is a one-handed
operation instead of requiring one hand on the keyboard
and the other on the mouse.

... Joe, W4TV

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 5:45 PM Ron / W4MMP via groups.io <http://groups.io> <w4mmp=protonmail.com@groups.io <mailto:protonmail.com@groups.io>> wrote:
Hi,
Plus 1 for me also.  Help prevent QRM, I do move the TX cursor
frequently particularly on 40M and below.
Ron / W4MMP
Left mouse RX
Right mouse TX
73, Karl, OE3JAG
Am 27.05.21, 19:23 schrieb "Larry Banks via groups.io
<http://groups.io>" <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io>
<mailto:larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io>:

About a year ago I suggested that the right button be changed
to move the TX frequency, and the left button remain as it is
now, moving the RX frequency.  This would mean that the
current right-left action that moves both would continue to do
so, but allow separate movement of TX frequency.   I heard
nothing about this suggestion back then.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

*Sent:* Thursday, May 27, 2021 12:30
*To:* main@WSJTX.groups.io <mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [WSJTX] Left mouse click to set Transmit
Frequency #EnhancementReqest
You have my vote.

Bob - wd6dod

I notice that a single left-mouse click on the waterfall
sets the Receive frequency (green marker) instead of the
Transmit frequency.
In my operation, I use the Band Activity window to select
the station to call instead of clicking the waterfall. I
click on the waterfall to pick a clear Transmit frequency
and avoid causing QRM, but this requires a Shift + Left
Click.
To me, it would make more sense if a just single Left
mouse click on the waterfall would set the /Transmit/
frequency instead of the Receive frequency.

Larry Banks

Hi careyfisher (call?),

I would love to know why you feel it should not be changed.  If it is changed, for you nothing would be different.  Your still move BOTH TX and RX with the right-left combination.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2021 19:26

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 5:45 PM Ron / W4MMP via groups.io <w4mmp=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

Ron / W4MMP
Left mouse RX
Right mouse TX
73, Karl, OE3JAG
Am 27.05.21, 19:23 schrieb "Larry Banks via groups.io" mailto:larryb.w1dyj@...:

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

You have my vote.

Bob - wd6dod

--
Carey Fisher

--
73, Carey, WB4HXE

Nicholas Shaxted

Being a left-handed mouser I vote for a way to agnostically use the mouse with no extra keys. Therefore it is likely I would vote for the opposite mouse click option.
Referring to right and left mouse clicks is so rightist!

Nick - g4ogi

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV via groups.io
Sent: 27 May 2021 23:43
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io

> I prefer it the way it is. I vote to NOT change it.

I disagree. Using Control-Left-Click to set transmit frequency is completely counter-intuitive. Using Left-Click to set RX frequency and Right-Click to set TX frequency makes complete sense *AND* is a one-handed operation instead of requiring one hand on the keyboard and the other on the mouse.

... Joe, W4TV

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 5:45 PM Ron / W4MMP via groups.io
<http://groups.io> <w4mmp=protonmail.com@groups.io
<mailto:protonmail.com@groups.io>> wrote:

Hi,

Plus 1 for me also.  Help prevent QRM, I do move the TX cursor
frequently particularly on 40M and below.

Ron / W4MMP

Left mouse RX
Right mouse TX
73, Karl, OE3JAG
Am 27.05.21, 19:23 schrieb "Larry Banks via groups.io
<http://groups.io>" <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io>
<mailto:larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io>:

About a year ago I suggested that the right button be changed
to move the TX frequency, and the left button remain as it is
now, moving the RX frequency.  This would mean that the
current right-left action that moves both would continue to do
so, but allow separate movement of TX frequency.   I heard
nothing about this suggestion back then.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

*Sent:* Thursday, May 27, 2021 12:30
*To:* main@WSJTX.groups.io <mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [WSJTX] Left mouse click to set Transmit
Frequency #EnhancementReqest
You have my vote.

Bob - wd6dod

I notice that a single left-mouse click on the waterfall
sets the Receive frequency (green marker) instead of the
Transmit frequency.
In my operation, I use the Band Activity window to select
the station to call instead of clicking the waterfall. I
click on the waterfall to pick a clear Transmit frequency
and avoid causing QRM, but this requires a Shift + Left
Click.
To me, it would make more sense if a just single Left
mouse click on the waterfall would set the /Transmit/
frequency instead of the Receive frequency.

Jason B

I second this. It may be best to make it a selectable option so it won't trip up some of our older ops that have grown to expect one behavior and get surprised with something unexpected.