locked #BugReport No receive after transmit - rig control disables RX on Yaesu FTDX-3000 VFO A running split #IssueReport

Mark Steele

Version: WSJT-X 2.4.0 GA
Rig: Yaesu FTDX-3000
Mode: FT8 / FT4 tested

When transmitting using Rig Split mode, VFO-B is switched to for transmit, and the RX light for VFO begins flashing. After the TX cycle, receive is disabled until the RX button is manually pressed on the rig.

Tested on various bands and modes. Switching back to version 2.4.0-rc4 and this behavior does not happen.

Went back thru the entire WSJT-X configuration and saved. Forced a sync of VFO-A settings to VFO-B - no joy.

Mark Steele

Bill Somerville

On 25/05/2021 14:32, Mark Steele wrote:
Version: WSJT-X 2.4.0 GA
Rig: Yaesu FTDX-3000
Mode: FT8 / FT4 tested

When transmitting using Rig Split mode, VFO-B is switched to for transmit, and the RX light for VFO begins flashing. After the TX cycle, receive is disabled until the RX button is manually pressed on the rig.

Tested on various bands and modes. Switching back to version 2.4.0-rc4 and this behavior does not happen.

Went back thru the entire WSJT-X configuration and saved. Forced a sync of VFO-A settings to VFO-B - no joy.

Mark Steele
Hi Mark,

so I can see what is happening, put the attached file into your WSJT-X configuration files directory (on MS Windows that is the same as the log files directory, "Menu->File->Open log directory"), restart WSJT-X, run a minimal test that demonstrates the issue, then quit WSJT-X. It will have created a file on your Desktop called WSJT-X_RigControl.log , send me (g4wjs <at> classdesign <dot> com) that file for analysis please?

Once the log file has been sent you can delete the log file and log configuration file to return ton normal operation.

Mark Steele

Edited

Bill - file attached.

Interesting new (or at least unnoticed behavior:

- the first time the TX / RX cycle runs, RX is disabled (the RX light is flashing)
- the next time the TX / RX cycle runs, RX is enabled (the RX light is solid)

So it seems there is a flag that is being set each cycle and 50% of the time - it works properly.

I hope this helps.

Komkit Listisard

I switched to fake it instead of rig to stop FTDX3000 RX mutes.

Most of the time I use 991A and 891 anyway,  tried it on 3000D just to see the issue VFO-A RX going into mute mode.

73, Kit

Mark Steele

Kit,

I noticed that works as well. If there is not a patch by the expiration date of rc4 I'll have to run in that mode.

@Bill - was the log file helpful?

Mark Steele

Checking to see if there is an anticipated update before the clock runs out on rc4.

Thanks!

Gary - AG0N

On May 29, 2021, at 03:23, Mark Steele <kd2nom@...> wrote:

Checking to see if there is an anticipated update before the clock runs out on rc4.
The update came out and was announced here on 5/24/21. Look for 2.4.0 GA.

Gary - AG0N

Mark Steele

Edited

Gary,

Thank you for your response, however I was referring to the fact that 2.4.0 GA has a rig control bug - a severe one.

I was referencing a bug fix for the GA and not a replacement for rc4

Best regards,

Mark