wsjt-x v2.4.0 hamlib problem #Cat_RigControl

geoff wiggins

I have just upgraded to v 2.4.0 and have started to experience a hamlib error, see attached pic. This didn't happen with v 2.3.0. After clicking ok a couple of times the issue goes away. It comes back after about 30 mins or so later.

Win 10, flex 5000, powersdr, mode data\pkt, split operation rig.

Ideas?

73 Geoff.

Walter Egenmaier <wegenmaier@...>

Same error I'm getting with ver 2.2 and 2.3.1...so I think I have some settings wrong and will try to reset those and see if I get the same error. I'm listening to responses to this to see if it fixes my problem as well. I'm a first time user of WSJTX, so likely settings on my radio or software not quite right yet. I'm using FT-991A, Win 10, VSPE (virtual com port software to give me a com7).

--
Walter H. Egenmaier, O.D
EyeCare Consultants

Dana Shtun

I just upgrades as well, macOS and the program decodes froze after a couple of hours….
No debug messages or alerts….also frequency was not correct.??

DS

On May 24, 2021, at 13:25, Walter Egenmaier <wegenmaier@...> wrote:

[...]

Sam Sjogren

I have a similar issue.  Everything worked in 2.4.0-rc4, not with today's general release.  Using an Anan-100D with CAT control configured to answer as a TS-2000, virtual com ports via com0com.  PTT via CAT is especially broken, frequency change sometimes work but slowly.  The error message that pops up is attached as an image.

I've downgraded to 2.3.1 since 2.4.0-rc4 will stop working in a week anyway.  The current configuration works fine for 2.3.0, 2.3.1, 2.4.0-rc4, tested today after the failure with 2.4.0 GA.

73,
-Sam

Bill Somerville

On 24/05/2021 17:32, geoff wiggins via groups.io wrote:
I have just upgraded to v 2.4.0 and have started to experience a hamlib error, see attached pic. This didn't happen with v 2.3.0. After clicking ok a couple of times the issue goes away. It comes back after about 30 mins or so later.

Win 10, flex 5000, powersdr, mode data\pkt, split operation rig.

Ideas?

73 Geoff.
Hi Geoff,

so I can see what is happening, put the attached file into your WSJT-X configuration files directory (on MS Windows that is the same as the log files directory, "Menu->File->Open log directory"), restart WSJT-X, run a minimal test that demonstrates the issue, then quit WSJT-X. It will have created a file on your Desktop called WSJT-X_RigControl.log , send me that file for analysis please?

Once the log file has been sent you can delete the log file and log configuration file to return ton normal operation.

On 25/05/2021 06:03, Sam Sjogren wrote:
[...]

Bill,

You addressed the same message to Geoff, assume you were also suggesting that I generate a logfile.  Thank you for your reply.  I've followed up with a separate subject line about how switching the rig control from TS-2000 (which is one emulation in PowerSDR) to the native PowerSDR setting (in both WSJT-X and PowerSDR, of course) allows full CAT control to work.  Now happily using 2.4.0 GA.

73,
-Sam
 WB6RJH

Bill Somerville

On 26/05/2021 19:26, Sam Sjogren wrote:
Bill,

You addressed the same message to Geoff, assume you were also suggesting that I generate a logfile.  Thank you for your reply. I've followed up with a separate subject line about how switching the rig control from TS-2000 (which is one emulation in PowerSDR) to the native PowerSDR setting (in both WSJT-X and PowerSDR, of course) allows full CAT control to work.  Now happily using 2.4.0 GA.

73,
-Sam
 WB6RJH
Hi Sam,

yes the Hamlib PowerSDR driver is the correct one to use if you are using PowerSDR. Geoff's issue was unrelated.