Cannot use /P in callsign when using JT65 and JT9 modes #IssueReport #JT9 #JT65

Haris SV1GRB

Hello to all, I would like to mention a strange behavior regarding the use of a specific type 1 suffix in the callsign.

The list of type 1 suffixes indicates that /P is a valid type 1 suffix:
image.png
When /P is used in callsign on JT65 and JT9 modes, the /P suffix is present in all generated messages so there is no room for the third word (reports,  RRR and 73) to be transmitted.
image.png
The Tx1 is transmitted normally as G1ABC SV1GRB/P
The Tx2 instead of G1ABC SV1GRB -15 is transmitted as G1ABC SV1GRB/P
The Tx3 instead of G1ABC SV1GRB R -15 is transmitted as G1ABC SV1GRB/P
The Tx4 instead of G1ABC SV1GRB RRR is transmitted as G1ABC SV1GRB/P
The Tx5 instead of G1ABC SV1GRB 73 is transmitted as G1ABC SV1GRB/P
The Tx6 is transmitted normally as CQ SV1GRB/P

When using another type 1 suffix such as /3, the suffix is correctly present only in TX1 and TX6 and everything is transmitted FB.
image.png

Currently using version is 2.3.1.

73
Haris
SV1GRB

[...]

Panos

Hi version 2.4.0 here similar problem, when reply to a /p callsign the report doesn't printed and when I sent 73 also doesn't printed not logged please see attached photo. Any solution? 73

Panos

Hi, any idea about this problem? Will be solved, delayed or abandoned? Thanks 73

Bill Somerville

On 15/06/2021 18:27, Panos wrote:
Hi, any idea about this problem? Will be solved, delayed or abandoned? Thanks 73
Hi Panos, Haris, ...

working on it, should be fixed for the next release.

Haris SV1GRB

Thanks Bill.

73
Haris
SV1GRB

Panos

Hi Bill, thanks I am waiting for it 73

Jim Brown

On 6/16/2021 1:10 AM, Panos wrote:
Hi Bill, thanks I am waiting for it 73
I am not. Just like on all other bands and modes, the definition of a QSO is the ack of receipt of two pieces if information from the other party. When I copy RRR or RR73, I log the QSO, because I've already sent R plus a report, and the fact that he's sent me RRR or RR73 indicates he's copied my R-report. If he sends RR73 or R and his report again, it tells me he hasn't copied my R, so I send it again. And again, if he keeps sending. He can log it when he's satisfied. When he stops sending his report, I log it. If he doesn't, we don't have a QSO. It's that simple. And for skeds, like online, it's perfeectly legit for the guy getting RRR or RR73 to say so online, like Slack or ON4KST or Ping Jockey. This is VERY common practice when working grid expeditions.

73, Jim K9YC

Bill Somerville

On 16/06/2021 10:23, Jim Brown wrote:
[...]

Jim,

this issue is about operating with a /P or other type 1 prefix or suffix in JT65 mode (same applies to JT9 and JT4 modes), the defect means it is not possible to send a signal report, RRR or 73 message unless the generated messages are manually edited. The defect is a regression that happened some considerable time ago and it needs to be fixed, which is what I  am doing.