WSJT DOES NOT XMIT RF IN TOTAL PANIC #WSJTX_config #IssueReport #transmit #ISCAT

Phil, WF3W

Not so good a day,

Running an FT-991A + WIN10 [KB5003173 is latest update] + latest WSJT
version.

HRD, WSJT, JS8Call will not xmit RF [only pure tone with TUNE]. The rig
xmits in every mode on its own. i.e., without sftwr. I have tried Bill's
fix - volume mixer, etc - exact settings I always used... zip!

A club member told me some one controlled his computer REMOTELY and fixed
the problem. IF this is accurate, I hereby beseech, beg and bellow for
this solution. Im this desperate! Heard there is a contest, come June...

73
Phil, WF3W

Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*
https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=tag695&promoCode=A34454

Kenneth Bandy

Phil, I find that sometimes if WSJTX has been running, but not actively
used, for a while my system will not transmit tones, even though the radio
goes into transmit mode. Normally, simply closing the program and
restarting it takes care it. If that doesn't work for you, then perhaps a
reboot of your computer?

73,
Ken, KJ9B

#stopped_working #transmit #WSJTX_config

Not so good a day,

Running an FT-991A + WIN10 [KB5003173 is latest update] + latest WSJT
version.

HRD, WSJT, JS8Call will not xmit RF [only pure tone with TUNE]. The rig
xmits in every mode on its own. i.e., without sftwr. I have tried Bill's fix
- volume mixer, etc - exact settings I always used... zip!

A club member told me some one controlled his computer REMOTELY and fixed
the problem. IF this is accurate, I hereby beseech, beg and bellow for this
solution. Im this desperate! Heard there is a contest, come June...

73
Phil, WF3W

Edited

Hi friends,
This is a finding that I experience as well. Restarting the program does the job.
As well going to Settings>Audio and clicking [Refresh] will do the job (... in most cases).
Furthermore I found out that "the other products" MSHV and JTDX suffer from the same problem.
BUT I have the latest WSJT-X 2.4.0rc4 running on a machine with a Windows 10 version last time updated in early 2020, and here all works fine. The problems came with one of the latest Windows 10 updates.
On that computer I am running a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) as well. This sometimes loses audio connection as well. Restarting does the job here also.
This computer machine uses an AMD processor - the other not.
It is VERY annoying.
73 de Christoph
--
---