locked #logging Duplicates importing JTAlert log into Logger32 #logging

Ken Lemke

Using WIN10 and Logger32 along with WSJTx and JTAlert.  After a dozen or so QSOs, I'll import the JTALERTlog.adi file into Logger32.  When I do that, I get almost as many older QSO records, but with different times than the record that's already in Logger32.  Not using UDP...It's a pain to have to delete.  Ideas????

Dave Garber

copy and paste only the new entries in the adi log, into a fresh file, then import that file.

1  make sure you call it something different
2 make sure you remember where you saved it
3  you may have to rename from a .txt to the correct .adi extension.

all before importing

kind of make the udp stuff a time saver though

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 5:28 PM Ken Lemke <kclemke@...> wrote:
Using WIN10 and Logger32 along with WSJTx and JTAlert.  After a dozen or so QSOs, I'll import the JTALERTlog.adi file into Logger32.  When I do that, I get almost as many older QSO records, but with different times than the record that's already in Logger32.  Not using UDP...It's a pain to have to delete.  Ideas????

Ken Lemke

Thanks for the response, and I'm sure it'll work, but there has to be some incompatibility between the two systems that's causing it.  Never had the problem a month ago...just surfaced.  Interestingly, the "dupe" records are off by 1 or 2 minutes, so I'm thinking that's a clue.  I'm on a NIST standard for both.  I like to keep Logger32 updated, and may do an import several times in a session, but having to erase dozens of dupes is a real pain.