VS: VS: [WSJTX] #CQ Mode

Reino Talarmo

Hi  JoAnn,

Why it should not allow more than two characters after CQ? At least I want to make a directed call such as (CQ ASIA OH3MA KP20).
To be honest there most probably is no validity check in the source coding handling. That task would be very demanding and it better to leave checking to the operator.

73, Reino OH3mA

Lähettäjä: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] Puolesta JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io
Lähetetty: 11 May 2021 03:16
Vastaanottaja: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Aihe: Re: VS: [WSJTX] #CQ Mode

Reino OH3mA

I have discovered this. If you not doing a Contest like Field Day, the software should not allow you to put no more that 2 extra characters (CQ MO AB8YZ EM12) in the TX6 line. At least it shows <...> AB8YZ in the TX Window.

JoAnn

AB8YZ

On Monday, May 10, 2021, 7:03:26 PM CDT, Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

Hi,

You can put after CQ only one to four letters of exactly three numbers, no special characters, if I remember correctly. So your try fails at least due to the length.

73, Reino OH3mA

Lähettäjä: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] Puolesta JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io
Lähetetty: 10 May 2021 01:51
Vastaanottaja: WSJT-x Group <main@wsjtx.groups.io>
Aihe: [WSJTX] #CQ Mode

I can set TX6 to say CQ MO-KS-LA AB8YZ EM12 but when it transmits is says <....> AB8YZ.

JoAnn

AB8YZ